What's for dinner, January 17, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We finally decided on salmon with some sort of glaze/marinade I made up, stuffed potatoes, roasted broccoli and cauliflower.

Tonight will be ribeyes, baked potatoes with the fixings, english peas, and rolls. Would love to grill the steaks but with a foot of snow on the deck it's not worth having to dig the grill out, plus it's too darn cold. They are predicting a few flurries for tonight. Oh boy, just what we need. LOL I should go into the snow cone business.

last night was takeout italian.

i received a frantic call at work at 9am from dw that our little guy was sick with a skyrocketing fever, and she was exhausted from staying up all night with him. (i took an ambien and was out like a light. :angel: )

so i rushed home, only to find the rectal thermometer was broken and kept giving shockingly high readings. i told dw to test it, but she refused the first 2 suggestions :) . then i remembered you can take your temp brachially in the armpit...lol. yup, it was broken.

i bought a new one and a brandy new temporal infrared thermometer. turned out his fever wasn't that bad, around 100, but he was very cranky all day. dw had a hair appt. in the afternoon, so i just hung out with my boy taking his temp with the new toy, getting him to eat little meals when i could keep him interested in something long enough to sit still.

sooooo, we just ordered out from a local joint. broccoli salad, white beans and shrimp salad, a balboa sandwich with fries, and chicken and buccatini soup for my boy.

Last night I simmered up a nice pasta sauce using finely chopped carrots, celery, & onion, a pound of bulk uncased turkey Italian sausage, & a large 28 oz. can of whole peeled plum tomatoes, which I broke up roughly with a spoon. Served it over some Barilla Thin Spaghetti with a salad on the side.

Well, I'm a day late, but tonight I may try a new recipe of bow ties, asparagus & squash in cream sauce -- if i can round up all the ingredients I need. If not, leftover eggplant parm over linguine.

corazon90 said:
What I'd like to have is spinach and ricotta ravioli but it was just so expensive at the grocery store!

What I am having will be pasta in brown butter with spinach, sauteed mushrooms, toasted pine nuts and goat cheese.
Your dish sounds much nicer to me than spinach and ricotta ravioli. I'm always disappointed by shop-bought ravioli. I bet you'll really enjoy your meal.

As for us, we'll be having left-over lamb stew with grilled courgette and steamed new potatoes. Apples for after if we feel like it.

Edited: working so hard I've got my days and dates all muddled up! Hope you enjoyed your supper Corazon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom