What's for dinner? Mon. 1/7/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having leftovers of a ground beef casserole I made the other night along with some steamed green beans.

Tonight is Steak and Seafood night. DH bought me some very large shrimp. Not sure what to do with them. I just might do my favorite and steam them in some beer with spices. They come out so different every time. Never know what spices I will use. At least I have fun. :yum:

Last night on my hols, home tomorrow, so we always go,out on the last night to the lone star. It's a take on merican food. I always order the johnny cash stash. You guys would prolly laugh at the menu. But I like their food. Their ribs are terrible btw.
That's my dinner later.

Russ

I had a small NY strip and some broccoli with cheese sauce.

A one skillet dinner of "Greek shrimp" with a green salad on the side. Not sure what makes it Greek, but it contains feta cheese, so that must be it. Green pepper, onions, tomatoes, rice, canned clams, and shrimp. Comfort food on a cold night.

Following a dr appt today, they said I'm still kicking, but I already knew that. I decided to try a new to me Irish pub for lunch/dinner. The bar menu had a whole page of Irish whiskies, a halfa page other scotches and whiskies, a whole page of Irish beers, never know there were so many besides Guinness. I had a Coke O'Cola.

And to eat, fish and chips. The fries had a nice seasoning until they cooled off. Then they were overwhelmed by a greasy oily flavor, the same as the codfish. The mushy peas in a little sauce of some kind, did not overwhelm the peas. So, about $20 for peas and a coke.

Tonight is Steak and Seafood night. DH bought me some very large shrimp. Not sure what to do with them. I just might do my favorite and steam them in some beer with spices. They come out so different every time. Never know what spices I will use. At least I have fun. :yum:

Well, dinner tonight sure WAS different. I was reading some of the older threads posted here and came across the one where you all were discussing the spice combo called Tajin. Then I remembered that we had a big bottle of it on the top shelf of the spice cabinet. So I cooked the shrimp in 1/2 beer and 1/2 chicken broth, and added just a little too much Old Bay. Then I dipped the cooked shrimp in butter and had a little dish of Tajin that I dipped them in. I wouldn't say it was the best ever, but I did enjoy it as something different.

I got a big kick out of the back of the Tajin label. It read, "This is not a candy"

Last edited:
Roasted cauliflower, thin linguine (topped with tomato sauce and grated parm reg & pecorino romano) and eggplant parmesan.

eggplant_parmesan_010719_122618_IMG_5267.jpg

Takeout Chinese tonight.

I'm trying something new. The place called them Teryaki chicken on a stick, but it doesn't look like any teryaki that I've ever had before. They look very red, more like char siu pork, but with chicken thighs.

Served over veggie fried rice, and a side of roast pork yat gaw mein soup.

Takeout Chinese tonight.

I'm trying something new. The place called them Teryaki cat on a stick, but it doesn't look like any teryaki that I've ever had before. They look very red, more like char siu pork, but with cat thighs.

Served over veggie fried rice, and a side of roast cat yat gaw mein soup.

Fixed that for ya'.

CD

No cats died in the making of our chili - that I know of... The label said beef. I also made a pot of cheesy cauliflower soup. I topped my chili with cheddar cheese, black olives, avocado, and sour cream. Chased it down with a Great Lakes beer. :yum:

Funny video. I have no idea what you are babbling about, but I enjoyed the video. :ermm:

If you eat enough street food, you will eventually eat something you did not intend to eat. Down here that would be possum or squirrel. IN NYC, it could be just about anything. Meow. ;)

CD

I finally got around to making a batch of split pea soup today. I was grabbing some chopped ham, and found a small vacuum sealed pkg of smoked pork neck bone meat, so those got simmered and added to the soup. Pretty good stuff. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom