What's for dinner? Mon, April 4, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
I didn't see a dinner thread so I thought I'd start one.

And I will start with........... nothin'.

Rather than "Meatless Monday" I have started a program of fasting every Monday. So, for me, you just might say it's "Meal-less Monday" :LOL:

Instead I'll live vicariously through the rest of you. What's on your plates tonight?

If that's the case, Steve, you'll love the fact that we had Hungarian Goulash Soup and a quick focaccia I made.

:ohmy: I don't know if I could stand the torture of reading everyone else's dinners while fasting, Steve! You are a man of great will power. :)

I had a light dinner this afternoon - ham and cheese on rye and a fresh fruit salad. I had planned on a pork chop with mushroom onion gravy and broccoli, but ended up playing baseball with Tyler in the backyard so that got put on hold for tomorrow.

Steve, you are stronger than I am.

Supper was supposed to be hot dogs with Cleveland mustard and Cleveland beer in honor of baseball season starting. Then the game got moved to tomorrow because it was cold and snowing at the park. Hot dogs tomorrow! (she said hopefully)

We ended up with ham and beans and collard greens. I thought there wouldn't be much ham, so I took a link of turkey sausage from the freezer. Then I kept finding ham. And more ham. I didn't use ALL of the leftover Easter ham, but still our bowls were a bit heavy on the protein side. Still good.

Attachments

• 2016-04-04 20.33.14.jpg
    2016-04-04 20.33.14.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 195
SC was disappointed that I hadn't posted what's for dinner yet, and naturally he came nosing around in the kitchen while I was frying bacon. I had planned on making a BLT salad, but he guessed I was doing a Cob salad when I told him no. Hmm, I thought about that and remembered I had some cooked chicken breast, so Cob salad it is! I like everything in pretty strips.. chicken, bacon, diced tomato, blue cheese crumbles, chopped egg, sliced black olives. I'm thinking I'll make a mayo dressing with lime juice and dill weed.

Steve, make sure you stay well hydrated with the fasting.

Last edited:
SC was disappointed that I hadn't posted what's for dinner yet, and naturally he came nosing around in the kitchen while I was frying bacon. I had planned on making a BLT salad, but he guessed I was doing a Cob salad when I told him no. Hmm, I thought about that and remembered I had some cooked chicken breast, so Cob salad it is! I like everything in pretty strips.. chicken, bacon, diced tomato, blue cheese crumbles, chopped egg, sliced black olives. I'm thinking I'll make a mayo dressing with lime juice and dill weed.

Steve, make sure you stay well hydrated with the fasting.

Cobb Salad my way...

img_1461422_0_aaf05f468459aa12228dd06b74a29549.jpg

Quesadillas 2 ways. Corn flavored with oregano, S and P, and fontinella cheese. Chicken, red/orange/yellow bell peppers, onions, garlic, with smoked moz. Homemade guac and pico plus sour cream as condiments.

Leftover stuffed red bell peppers, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Started with some champagne. It was my last workday, with the exception of my retirement lunch on Friday. Won't need to plan quick meals any more, at least not because of work.

Last night, I went to the new master gardener class's graduation dinner. It was a potluck. I made a big pan of roasted vegetables using olive oil infused with garlic and sage, then finished with minced rosemary and balsamic vinegar.

It was a great spread. I love potlucks :yum:

Good lookin' meals CG and Kay. I've had salads so much lately, but never get tired of them. Especially meal-in-a-bowl salads such as Cobb. Yum - love 'em.

Congratulations on your retirement, Tenspeed! It's a wonderful time of life - so much more time to do what YOU want. :)

I'm showing up at your place for salad next time you make those, Kay! But I would like to please exchange the bleu cheese for avacado. I don't "do" Bleu.

More congrats on retiring, tenspeed. Enjoy, enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom