What's for Dinner? Mon, Feb 9th, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Anyone eating tonight? :chef:

We had Beef 'n Bacon. Local grass fed ribeye topped with gorgonzola and butter, bacon from Wisconsin, and a dab of spinach (sauteed in the bacon fat).

img_1409340_0_3f0e2f0e8e5a2a195b205aa805ce645c.jpg

French onion soup with the beef stock we made a couple of weeks ago, with gruyere topped toasts.

DH had to get his glasses adjusted, and picked up a couple of Arby's fish sandwiches that he'd been jonesing for. While they weren't bad, they needed more condiments. A tiny bit of barely discernable tarter sauce and some limp iceberg lettuce were it. Though the pollock was nice and crunchy and the bun was soft.

Last edited:
Bought some fresh fish today. Haddock for SO and Salmon for me. Hers was baked, mine was pan seared. Some tomato rice went along with it.

Broiled salmon, marinated in a soy, garlic, and pineapple juice marinade. Sides were steamed asparagus and garlic bread.

The salmon was OK - flavor was good but even though I watched it carefully, it was a little overdone. :(

I did a couple of individual casseroles for us tonight. Mushroom Gratin with chopped portabella layered with fresh spinach, bacon and Swiss, topped with buttered Panko bread crumbs and baked till golden.

We finished the bits and bites of leftovers in the refrigerator. Dim some-of-this, so to speak. Too busy sniffling, sneezing, etc to cook from scratch.

I was going to make some egg rolls. But I took my afternoon meds. Then when I went to the fridge to get the ingredients, I got the dry heaves. That killed my appetite for any food. For the past couple of weeks, every time I take my afternoon meds, I get a really bad upset stomach. It is a new med for me, and I think I need to stop taking it. I am missing a lot of meals.

I was so looking forward to those egg rolls. Oh well, there is always tomorrow. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom