What's For Dinner Monday 07/12/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mexican tonight... prepared grilled turkey over the weekend, will use that and some sirloins that are going into the slow cooker for taco meat. Will have rice and beans, flour and corn tortillas.

Burgers, specifically Hawaiian Burgers with red onion, pineapple and onion buns. I debating on grill or broiler, just depends on when my brother in law gets home from work being as he is the grill master.

Chied Fricken...
Garden vegetables.....
FF Eggplant...
Musgoes.......

Was gonna have some butter peas..However. wife was upstairs piddling...I was outside piddling...I came in the back door...and HOLY SMOKES...The kitchen was full of smoke....Yep! dem butter peas done run slap outa water!!! :ermm: Doors open, fans running...vent hood wide open...It's about to get where I can breathe!!:LOL:...

We had...chicken wings, which I marinated yesterday, salad & a puff pastry sheet topped with a little Parmesan, wilted spinach, sun dried tomatoes & peppers & crumbled Stilton cheese on top.

Chied Fricken...
Garden vegetables.....
FF Eggplant...
Musgoes.......

Was gonna have some butter peas..However. wife was upstairs piddling...I was outside piddling...I came in the back door...and HOLY SMOKES...The kitchen was full of smoke....Yep! dem butter peas done run slap outa water!!! :ermm: Doors open, fans running...vent hood wide open...It's about to get where I can breathe!!:LOL:...

Holey Moley!..:ohmy: remind me not to ask for butter peas..:rolleyes:

I'm making fajitas. Grilling the flank steak on the grill and cooking the onions and peppers on the grill too in a big ol CI skillet.

Been canning all day and am not of the mind to think of anything food related. However, we DO have to eat, so it looks like we'll have mixed beans (green, wax, Italian) from the garden, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, corn-on-the-cob and some sort of quick form of chicken.

Last night we enjoyed a big green salad along with whole-wheat 4-cheese ravioli topped with jarred Paul Sorvino's "Marinara" sauce, which we both voted the very BEST JARRED SAUCE EVAH!!!! Light, fresh, & perfectly balanced. Wonderful stuff (& although I do enjoy making my own pasta sauces, I've also tried a LOT of jarred stuff). Ingredients consist of just "San Marzano tomatoes, imported Fasolino brand Italian olive oil, salt, fresh garlic, fresh basil, fresh oregano, & black pepper".

One of our local markets was having a sale on it as a "new item", & after last night I went back today & bought a few more jars (also a jar of the "Vodka Sauce" to try - the only other item they produce at this time). I highly recommend it.

Paul Sorvino Foods, Inc. - Home Page

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom