What's for dinner Monday, Dec 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I've been planning on making Fried Chicken. I need to go and get the chicken out of the freezer, get it thawed, then start the marinating/brining process. I'm probably going to have to go and buy a few more chicken legs, and maybe potatoes, if we don't have enough spuds. Mashed potatoes, homemade chicken gravy (I'm going to have LOTS of stock, I'm making some, and found more at the bottom of my deep-freezer last night), not sure about a veg. Maybe some corn, as I know we have plenty.

I just pulled some chicken thighs & kielbasa out of the freezer. I think I'll make some sort of gumbo like stuff with that & whatever else I can find.

Shrimp scampi with linguine. That is if I can stay out of the shrimp. I bought one of those trays and have ate 1/2 of it since Saturday. Italian blend salad and some garlic/cheddar biscuits. So much cheaper to make all this at home vs. going to Red Lobster. Unfort., I have to do my own dishes though.

Pasta
with tomatoes, garlic
bacon and onions.

And maybe, some garlic toast.

Last edited:
I'm making green chile stew today with the left over pork tenderloin we have. Add potatoes, green chile, tomatoes, corn and a few spices serve it with some grated cheddar. Delicious.
I'm contemplating putting it in the slow cooker but am unsure? Any ideas? The pork is already cooked but I usually let the stew simmer for at least an hour, so the pork kind of gets shredded and the potatoes mostly boil away. What do you guys think?

For dessert, I'll be having a triple chocolate Dove bar. They are to die for. Let's see if I can wait that long...

Making my fist attemt with the homemade Hambuger Helper recipe (I'm sort of blending a bunch of the tips and recipes) posted here. I am so excited to see how it turns out! :chef:

Gerrycooks said:
IT's so cold here. The wind chill is 15. We are having Italian Wedding soup. I love the little meatballs!!

do you make your meatballs using the standard recipe calling for sausage meat mixture?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I ended up making fried drumsticks, easy, baked potatoes, cole slaw and garlic bread. Good, not great, but okay

Last edited:
Ooh! Italian Wedding soup has to be one of the ultimate cold weather soups. I haven't had that since, well, my buddy's wedding rehearsal a few years ago. I've never made it, I'd really like to take a shot at it!

Myself, I picked up some take-out lasagna from the local Italian eatery and plan on having that with the bottle of wine I picked up.

I'm making a bbq pork roast, and roasted root veggies. It's cold here too!

Something using the rotisserie chicken I just picked up at BJ's. My sister and I went to lunch and talked for almost 3 hours and enjoyed every minute of it.

Leftovers! Maybe! I am going shopping! I might just pick up some fried tofu from the chinese restaurant! Craving that spicy peanut dipping sauce! mmm mmmm!

On the grill: Kelbasa; pork streaks; sirloin steaks; yellow squash; green peppers; zuccini; corn on the cob; vodka and tonic; cold Corona's with lime and Monday Night Football! With good friends to enjoy.
What else could you ask for?

Oh! I forgot to tell you it's 78 here right now tonight! So cooking out is very nice.

Mrs. Big Dog made curried chicken (well, creamy curried chicken). Curry powder, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup. All over rice pilaf with corn! Soul food for the Big Dog, that's for sure!

SizzlininIN said:
Shrimp scampi with linguine. That is if I can stay out of the shrimp. I bought one of those trays and have ate 1/2 of it since Saturday. Italian blend salad and some garlic/cheddar biscuits. So much cheaper to make all this at home vs. going to Red Lobster. Unfort., I have to do my own dishes though.

Sizz, you and I had the same thing for dinner. I made Mish's shrimp scampi recipe. I had the scampi over garlic and pesto linguine. With it I had a caesar salad. Yum!! I agree about washing up the dishes. I just finished mine. :)

Back
Top Bottom