What's for dinner, Monday, December 19th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
When I made the Beef Burgundy last night I did not read the recipe well. :ermm: To make a long story short I did not realize that it has to simmer for two hours after all the preparation was completed. It was not finished cooking until 8:00 pm. Well, I has hungry long before that so I had hotdogs for dinner.:rolleyes:

So, tonight I am having the Beef Burgundy over Egg Noodles. It probably will be better after the flavors have combined overnight. Lesson learned: throughly read your recipe before starting cooking.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Your right, it probably will taste alot better today. I'm making homemade lasagna tonight. I just finished making the homemade noodles, now I have to make my sauce.

:) I have no idea.
David just called and told me not to eat lunch.
He's going to surprise me with something. Prbly Micky D's. It's ok!!! I'll suffer through it. It'll be worth the extra calories and ick to spend some time with him.

Dinner... I guess I should start thinking about it... Maybe I can
convince Paulie to bring something home.:)

probably just corny dogs. We had too much food this weekend, so, I don't want a lot on my stomach tonight.

I raised my culinary talent to a whole new level of sophistication today. That's right, I made breakfast burritos AND added picante sauce! :rolleyes: Okay, not so hoitey-toitey but it's cold out and it sounded like a decent comfort food. :mrgreen:

Totally decent comfort food, my son - but to rise to the level of master chef and create perfect comfort food you should have added shredded jack cheese on top.

Cock a leekie soup - made from the carcass of the chicken we ate for yesterday's lunch. Served with lovely chunks of granary bread. YUM :)

Had some large shrimp in the freezer so I'm making shrimp marsala with rice, peas with proscuitto ,evoo,onion..and some leftover tuna and bean salad..

kadesma:)

HH and I passed the big jar of crunchy peanut butter and a sleeve of multigrain saltines back and forth on the couch while watching Alton make puff pastry.

Rude Christmas Shoppers, and for dessert, the dude that doesn't realize a green light does NOT mean STOP!

I might just drink the real dinner! :wacko:

DampCharcoal said:
I raised my culinary talent to a whole new level of sophistication today. That's right, I made breakfast burritos AND added picante sauce! :rolleyes: Okay, not so hoitey-toitey but it's cold out and it sounded like a decent comfort food. :mrgreen:

DC, that sounds absolutely delicious. Nothing like eggs for dinner. What did you put in your burritos beside eggs?

David ended up bringing some chicken tenders that we sauted and then threw on flour torillas with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. They were pretty dang good.

I'm still pretty full so I"m just going to scramble Paulie some eggs with diced ham.

LOL! They were good, I used left over ham, grilled onions and peppers, sharp Cheddar and Cholulu sauce. Warmed the tummy quite well! Pack a couple of those for the trail, Sierra! Call it an energy bar with heat but mind the local "holes" if you know what I mean! :mrgreen:

Damp, I love cholula sauce. The local store makes egg/sausage/biscuits for breakfast and cholula sauce is great on them. I think it is even better than some other brands of hot sauce. Look here you can buy it by the case at the link below.

Cholula Sauce

bottle.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom