Whats for Dinner, Monday - July 24th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I'm marinating some chicken breasts with, green, red and yellow bellpeppers, red onion and cherry tomatoes. The marinade consistes of Garlic, EVOO and Lemon Pepper. Before I grill them I'm going to splash in some fresh lemon juice. I'm going to make kaboobs and grill them. I'm still not sure about the sides yet.

Last edited:
I'm making SizzlininIN's lemon herb chicken.
It'll have to be a late dinner though since it involves turning the oven on.

We'll just have a salad with it.

dinner tonight is still rather up in the air as I'm not sure what the menu will be yet. it's hot here too,:wacko: just like other places around the globe and the last two nights, it's been turning on the oven :huh: which (I too) would like to avoid.:ermm:

I think I'll check out bargains on jumbo prawns, see if anyone has them on sale, and if so, I'll buy some, butterfly them, stuff them with jack cheese, wrap in bacon, and grill with a baste of Italian salad dressing over the top. to which fried potatoes and grilled asparagus will complete the dinner if I can find the asp!

chicken toppers

Feeding 17 tonight, we are having marinated boneless skinless chicken breast. Grill on a low heat with your favorite b-b-que sauce top with cheese
more sauce slice of good ham more sauce repeat again then final top
will be cheese. Let sit on the grill for a few minutes or so, so everything gets a good smokey flavor. very tastey

Salad not sure what kind my sil is bringing.
fresh corn on the cob think i will grill it not sure yet
twice baked potatoes made them yesterday final baking
will happen today.

pistachio cake for desert

Along with the Chicken Kaboobs I'm going to make GB's Orzo with Parsley and Lemon Zest. We'll also have Fresh Fruit.

I picked up some Orzo last week on my shopping trip, wanting to try this as I've never eaten it before. Thanks for the recipe GB.

Tonight we're having fish and chips. I was using any type of potatoe for my fries, which is why they came out soggy, so I'm going to try russets as suggested in the french fries thread in the veggie forum.

Leftovers for lunch. I prepped Beef Stoganoff at work last night for the dinner special tonight. I will be having some of that, on rice, with roasted root veggies, that is if the heat doesn't get to me and dull my appetite.

Tonight Pork chops with the onion sauce, tomatoe pudding, orzo cooked in beef stock then I add sauteed onions, garlic, mushrooms and almonds and a chunk of butter salt and pepper and fresh chopped parsley.Dessert will be some left over crossant chocolate pudding..Ice tea, beer or iced coffee..

kadesma:)

Country-style pork ribs on the smoker...corn on the cob...potato salad..."Berry Me Please" Blue Bunny ice cream w/fresh berries on top.

It was our Anniversary today so we went out and did A Taste of Edmonton. That is a yearly festival that falls on our anniversary every year. About 30 local restaurants come out and provide an entree and a dessert. You buy tickets and go around and sample all the things you want. Its wonderful. We are now lying in the basement trying to digest.

Alix said:
It was our Anniversary today so we went out and did A Taste of Edmonton. That is a yearly festival that falls on our anniversary every year. About 30 local restaurants come out and provide an entree and a dessert. You buy tickets and go around and sample all the things you want. Its wonderful. We are now lying in the basement trying to digest.
Happy Anniversary Alix and Ken,
glad you had a wonderful time on your special day. Wishing you many more such times.
kadesma:)

Alix said:

you ate so much you could only walk down stairs when you got home? man, that's eatin'...

and wow, you guys must be popular up there in edmonton. the whole city has a festival for your anniversary.

i guess you deserve that when you are married to the king of karma!

tonight, we had take out italian. garden salads; blanched calamari tossed with chopped tomatoes, celery, onion, and garlic in a viniagrette dressing; and scungilli marinara, one order mild, one spicy hot.
the scungilli in this place is incredibly tender and tasty. i asked the manager/cook, and he said they get it fresh, not frozen.

Last edited:
and wow, you guys must be popular up there in edmonton. the whole city has a festival for your anniversary

We should all be so lucky lol

Alix said:
happy day, alix & ken. did you enojy your many mini-meals?:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom