What's for Dinner Monday June 28?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leftovers out of the freezer for both of us. I'm eating early and off to a condo board meeting. SO will eat when she gets home.

gonna make a dog burger. no burger buns so i am going to form ground meat into log shape and serve on a toasted hot dog bun with fried onions. or maybe will have on rye bread and call it a pattie melt. lol. can u tell i need grocerys? dessert, probably fruit.

Chicken and chorizo paella, (yum!) with a green salad, and some ginger-vanilla creme-brulee with fresh raspberries for dessert.

i did the patty melt on rye bread. i cut an onion on the mandolin and grilled it in garlic butter. cooked the burger pattie and broke it up to fit on bread, on top of provolone cheese, put the onions on that. then i grilled and browned the whole thing. wow was it ever good. really hit the spot.

It's nasty here. I plan to have a hard cooked egg, A piece of toast and something cold. I'll be lucky to get it down. We do have some cold melon and I picked up a citrus sald so maybe that will be it. it's alreadu 9:33 and I'm still not hungry sooo we shall see. I know I should get more protein down but frankly I don't give a rip.
kades

I'm on a different computer, so I hope the color is not all out of whack.

I put sirloin tips in the little crock-pot and made a gravy out of the stock. The tips were cut again, then added to the gravy and ladled over mashed potatoes. On the side were sliced carrots and red, seedless grapes.

img_905637_0_ca5d4d711ef5ae2e09baf1a2770b253d.jpg

Last night I sauteed a pound of absolutely lovely peeled shrimp in some extra-virgin olive oil, along with 2 cloves of chopped garlic, some chopped fresh oregano, chopped fresh basil, chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, a diced heirloom tomato from the farmers market, & a sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes. Added in a splash of dry white wine (Pinot Grigio) & the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Then tossed the whole affair with 1/2 a pound of cooked Angel Hair pasta. Served with a big green salad. Delicious & absolutely perfect for a warm summer evening.

Last night I sauteed a pound of absolutely lovely peeled shrimp in some extra-virgin olive oil, along with 2 cloves of chopped garlic, some chopped fresh oregano, chopped fresh basil, chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, a diced heirloom tomato from the farmers market, & a sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes. Added in a splash of dry white wine (Pinot Grigio) & the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Then tossed the whole affair with 1/2 a pound of cooked Angel Hair pasta. Served with a big green salad. Delicious & absolutely perfect for a warm summer evening.
Bought some large shrimp this morning...Dinner will be just what you made yesterday.Thanks
kades:)

You're welcome! It really was nice, & except for the shrimp I already had everything else on hand.

The early heirloom tomatoes looked so nice at the farmers market last Saturday morning that - of course - I bought a number of them & am now rushing to use them all before they're overripe. The story of my life at the farmers market - always overbuying - lol! But at least I can console myself that I'm supporting local agriculture.

I'm on a different computer, so I hope the color is not all out of whack.

I put sirloin tips in the little crock-pot and made a gravy out of the stock. The tips were cut again, then added to the gravy and ladled over mashed potatoes. On the side were sliced carrots and red, seedless grapes.

img_905698_0_ca5d4d711ef5ae2e09baf1a2770b253d.jpg
Looks Yummy!!:chef:

I made Beef and Broccoli with the rest of the Rib-eye steak. The meat was very tender. It would have been great if I could have found my recipe. Instead I relied on one from a Name Brand soy sauce. It was horrible!! What a waste of good food. Live and learn.

Back
Top Bottom