What's for dinner Monday, October 30, 2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Craig, but I already checked them out on Google maps. It looks like going down the interstate would be about 68 miles, ten miles less if we go down U.S. Route 41. I did see the skinny line for the James Scenic Highway. Mmm, close encounter of the 'gator kind along that route? :LOL: We'd stick to the main roads, mostly because we can probably make better time.

Don't know what that is, but Janes Scenic Drive isn't a highway and you don't drive fast. The street sign that marks it actually reads "Janes Scenic Dr.) I'd call it a scenic, dirt road "Trail" that you can drive on. And yes you will encounter gators. Taking 41 is pretty scenic itself when you enter the Strand, but be aware it is a two lane at that point.

Last edited:
..I did see the skinny line for the James Scenic Highway...

Don't know what that is, but Janes Scenic Drive isn't a highway and you don't drive fast...
You know what? When you make the map image a little bigger, that skinny line running through the state preserve actually does read "Janes Scenic Drive". :LOL:

Himself is familiar enough with SW Florida. His parents lived in Cape Coral from 1971 until Dad died in 2002. He lived with them for about 6 or 8 months between leaving college and getting a job, so he spent a lot of time driving around everywhere - including the Everglades. Heck, even I could find my way to Naples without a map - it has a Trader Joe's, and we go shopping there each year for TJ things.

I'm sure we'll be fine. We have a navigator system in the car, we have phones with GPS, I'll have the physical address in my phone - and Himself can navigate by the stars and sun location if all else fails. Three years as an astronomy major at OSU comes in handy sometimes. ;)

Back
Top Bottom