What's for dinner on Saucy Saturday? 10/12/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner tonight? Homemade chicken fingers, baked sweet potatoes, steamed broccolini with lemon butter, pear tart. Y u m.

I picked up some nice looking ribeyes at Costco today. They will be going on the grill. Along side will be baked potatoes with sour cream, butter and bacon. I suppose a veggie should make an appearance as well. No, wait! Potato is a vegetable. A nice cold Sam Adams will wash it all down nicely.

And Coffee is a thin vegetable soup!!! Come to think of it, Chocolate is a processed vegetable and both are in the group of Vitamin C...:rolleyes:

Would you be appalled if I said I didn't "make" the potato skins? On Saturdays I only cook if I have someone else to cook for - so these were ready made ones from Sainsburys that I just threw in the oven. :unsure:

Appalled? It takes a lot to appall me. And certainly not eating ready made food.

And Coffee is a thin vegetable soup!!! Come to think of it, Chocolate is a processed vegetable and both are in the group of Vitamin C...:rolleyes:
Umm, do gin and red wine count as vegetables? (Separately, of course)

OK it's midnight so I'm off to bed with my new copy of "Nigella Bites" which that nice Mr Amazon sent me today. ("Used" - cost all of 1 penny. Such extravagance)

Last edited:
Appalled? It takes a lot to appall me. And certainly not eating ready made food.

Excellent! :)

Following on from our chat yesterday about clams, I did some online research. Clams are going to be a very hard thing to find in my town! I think that Tescos might stock some (tinned) so I will pay a visit. I am determined to make Clam Chowder!

I decided to use the grill basket on the veggies.

Attachments

• Grilled veggies and steak.jpg
    Grilled veggies and steak.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 159
I have some rotisserie chicken ready for a Chicken Devine casserole that will be served over rice. Broccoli included in the casserole.

For dinner tonight, I roasted a couple of large chicken breasts and served them with twice-baked potatoes and braised green beans with red onions and bacon :yum: There's plenty of leftover chicken for lunch tomorrow.

Chicken for us tonight too (a nod to Canadian Thanksgiving, which we often celebrate). Since we will have Turkey on US Thanksgiving, a Costco Rotisserie chicken will stand in tonight, we will have mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, steamed beets and broccoli with cheese sauce. DH won't eat yams/sweet potatoes, so we will skip them for now, but they will be on the menu in November ;). No pumpkin pie :( spent too much time on housework today, maybe stuffed, baked apples :)

Last edited:
Had neither the pork nor the omelet. While digging around for the 'srooms for salad I ran across a tube of French Bread I picked up on a whim when Pillsbury stuff was on sale. Have sandwich pepperoni in the deli drawer often and always have shredded mozzarella around. Since I keep a jar of pizza sauce on hand I put them all together and made pepperoni pizza bread. The French bread was kinda narrow to make sure I could stuff it and keep everything in during baking but even with some of the guts squirting out the seam it was really good! :yum:

Had spinach salads while the pepperoni bread was baking.

Oooh, Pacanis...that looks wonderful. :chef:

I made a half recipe of a Chile Relleno casserole yesterday, and had some of it for this afternoon's dinner along with a pulled pork taco. :yum: I roasted a pork shoulder last month, shredded it, and froze it into small one person packages for future use, so just grabbed one of those.

Cooking for one, while still wanting to enjoy good meals without resorting to boxed or take out, can be challenging at times. Thank goodness for Food Savers - don't know what I'd do without it, bless it's overworked little heart. :)
013.jpg

Thank you, Princess. It surely was pretty tasty and am looking forward to leftovers tomorrow. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom