What's for dinner? Saturday 1-26-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm leaning towards some kind of hash. I pulled a small vacuum sealed pkg of chopped ham from Christmas dinner from the freezer, and I have a potato that needs used, a little bit of kielbasa in the fridge as well as a green pepper and a few scallions....so I think that'll be dinner. I'll fry those up and scramble a couple of eggs to add to the mix. Will slice a mango for a side.

I love making something I like out of a bunch of must-goes. :)

What's on your plate this evening? :chef:

Sounds good Cheryl...

another pizza here, with toppins of green chile, sausage, onions, a bit of home canned pizza sauce and fresh mozzarella.

Jeannie went shopping and to a late lunch with a friend so, I will have last nights ham and bean soup..

and cake... yes, I will have cake..

Ross

Ssshhhh!
Don't mention the word "PIZZA" around DH, he wants so much to have some, but I'm trying to put him off til Sunday... instead of Pasta Sunday, I'm doing homemade Pizza.

Tonight is homemade Minestrone and bread.

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

I used the KAF No-Knead recipe again and it's delicious!!

I shared with Miss Neighbor-Across-The-Street, along with a Caesar Salad and some homemade Chocolate Chip-Mac Nut Cookies that I made the other day (Land O Lakes recipe).

Your dinner idea sounds great Cheryl.

I'm doing a variation of the Holy Yum Chicken recipe Ross posted and made.

https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/holy-yum-chicken/
The meat will be sliced pork loin however because it sounds right to me for today.

I sure won't be blaming anyone but myself if it doesn't turn out, but I think it will.

Since I'll already have a screaming hot oven, I'll be roasting some asparagus, and those smashed little white potatoes in duck fat again. Ohhh..those babies were so good we're still thinking about them.

:)
Banana sheet cake... A quick, simple, thin cake, baked on a quarter sheet pan..
Topped with a cream cheese frosting..

https://www.dessertfortwo.com/banana-sheet-cake/

I've made this a few times and love it each time.. :yum:

Ross

THAT ^^^ sounds and looks out of this world YUMMY!!!

I'm not the biggest fan of any tropical fruits :huh:, yes it's true, but that looks like a Banana Bread on steroids! And I think you had me at Cream Cheese Frosting :yum:

Mahalo, thanks Ross

Jeannie went shopping and to a late lunch with a friend so, I will have last nights ham and bean soup..

and cake... yes, I will have cake..

Ross

Are you going to have your cake, or eat it. You can't do both, ya' know. :rolleyes:

CD :D

I was going to whine about the fact that all I have is crappy leftovers from week old takeout, and then I remembered that there is much worse. Like no food.

So, I'm truly appreciating some leftover (questionable) breaded chicken breasts on a roll with lettuce and onion.

There's other leftovers to eat, but I'm starting with the oldest. I'm thinking a hot sauce or mustard will help.

:D

Ssshhhh!
Don't mention the word "PIZZA" around DH, he wants so much to have some, but I'm trying to put him off til Sunday... instead of Pasta Sunday, I'm doing homemade Pizza.

View attachment 33290

View attachment 33291

View attachment 33292

I shared with Miss Neighbor-Across-The-Street, along with a Caesar Salad and some homemade Chocolate Chip-Mac Nut Cookies that I made the other day (Land O Lakes recipe).

Oh man, that bread! :yum:

Cheeseburger done Smashburger style, with a side of double fried French fries. Whataburger condiments -- now available at finer grocery establishments.

CD

Attachments

• WBcondis.jpg
    WBcondis.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 120
Ssshhhh!

View attachment 33290

View attachment 33291

View attachment 33292

Kgirl....that bread....:ohmy: Wish I were your neighbor. I love holey bread! :yum:

I made myself spaghetti carbonara using the Serious Eats recipe. I used bacon in place of guanciale or pancetta. It was delicious.

Your dinner idea sounds great Cheryl.

I'm doing a variation of the Holy Yum Chicken recipe Ross posted and made.

https://www.tablefortwoblog.com/holy-yum-chicken/
The meat will be sliced pork loin however because it sounds right to me for today.

I sure won't be blaming anyone but myself if it doesn't turn out, but I think it will.

Since I'll already have a screaming hot oven, I'll be roasting some asparagus, and those smashed little white potatoes in duck fat again. Ohhh..those babies were so good we're still thinking about them.

Well that was fun. The Dijon/maple recipe adapted well to the pork instead of chicken, the little duck fat Greek seasoned potatoes could have used more duck fat, but the oven roasted asparagus in olive oil and herbs was cooked perfectly crisp tender. Three pans needing different times in the oven keeps me on my toes with timers. Fun!
Souschef proclaimed the meal "foodgasmic" and at our age that's a very big deal. :D

Attachments

• P1260014[1].jpg
    P1260014[1].jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom