What's For Dinner, Saturday, Aug. 5?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hubby is arriving home from a two week business trip in a little while and I've planned one of his favorite meals - Spanish Pork chops with rice, biscuits and fried apples. I'm also trying a new recipe from Sunday's at Moosewood cookbook - Spicy Green beans.

It's meatless tonight as we had steak last night, so I'm making Risotto Ai Peperoni e Pomodoro Fresco (Red and Yellow Pepper Risotto) from Giuliano Hazan's Every Night Italian cookbook (he's Marcella Hazan's son). We'll have steamed asparagus with it, and some as yet undetermined wine.

Tonight is going to be taco salad. Then we are taking our sleeping bag, sterio and a few bottles of wine up to our roof and have a city camp out.

abjcooking said:
Tonight is going to be taco salad. Then we are taking our sleeping bag, sterio and a few bottles of wine up to our roof and have a city camp out.

That sounds good :) I think the heat wave has broken there somewhat, so enjoy! Just be careful around the rooftops after the wine, stay in the tent!:LOL:

Oh, I made a curried chicken for my husband, and I hate curry, so I made a shrimp dish for myself. Funny how he hates shrimp, I hate curry, so we have these nights of our favs.

We had barbecued ribs and Maque Choux and salad (had planned to make cole slaw, but the cabbage I bought had the "pip." and my favorite barbecue wine, Marietta Cellars Old Vine Red. :D

I had burgers on the grill...

crewsk said:
BBQ chicken, potato salad, baked beans, & blackberry cobbler with homemade vanilla ice cream.
I'm on my way Crewsk, save me some!!
4.gif

I've got plenty of leftovers for you MJ! The kids & I picked the blackberries for the cobbler Thursday morning & they were the perfect blend of sweet & tart.

had a birthday party at my daughters for her mother-in-law and we had bruschetta with mozzerella, roasted red and yellow peppers, tomatoes,red onion,garlic, evoo,parsley, Marmalady's lemon pepper wings, dinner was linguine with an Italian meat sauce with Italian sausages cut up in the meat gravy, grilled tri-tip, garlic parmesan bread, fruit salad,cake and crossant chocolate bread pudding with pine nuts..Lots of laughter and fun with the grandkids:LOL:

kadesma

We had a cold libation...and its winter so go figure!:huh:

I have been trying to replicate a starter we ate in an Iranian restaurant in Dubai a couple of months ago so thats we we ate .
The hummus was correct, the mint leaves, spring onions and fetta also but the bread was definitely NOT right.
Im beginning to sound like a broken record.....:)

I will force an icecream down my throat presently.:rolleyes:

The house was so messy tonight so I had a big bowl of rice krispies before cleaning and folding the numerous mountains of laundry. Now it's just mountains of folded laundry that still needs to be put away. :-p

I did have some thai at the farmer's market today though. I had what they called a salad roll. It was really good! It was lettuce, tofu, some kind of rice noodles, carrots and to my surprise and tasty delight, mint leaves. All wrapped up in rice paper then they poured peanut sauce over it. Yum!

Last edited:
Albertsons had a HUGE sale on seafood. So for less than $35 I got 2.5 lbs crab legs (using this recipe for them), 1.5 lb colassal shrimp (using this recipe for those), 1/2 lb salmon (using this recipe), and 2 chicken kabobs that were on clearance (w/ 5 HUGE pieces of chicken on each). So we had that plus salad and baked potatoes for dinner.
I made frosted grapes for dessert.

I picked up a nice whole-side filet of wild-caught salmon & broiled it with a mild teriyaki (soy/honey/garlic) glaze. Served it with a side of cooked ramen noodles tossed with shredded cabbage & carrots, & then sauteed in hot chili sesame oil.

Leftover BBQ'd pork simmered in a Carribean BBQ sauce (pineapple juice, whalers rum, jerk seasonings, lime juice added to basic BBQ sauce), coconut brown basmati rice, and sugar snap peas.

Strawberry shortcake for dessert.:)

saturday night was whole wheat linguini, with spare ribs sicilliana (pork spare ribs, well browned in light olive oil with 12 whole cloves of garlic, then simmered in the crock pot with a fresh tomato and thyme sauce.)

you haven't lived until you had ribs in an herb-y garlic-y tomato sauce.

Back
Top Bottom