What's for Dinner, Saturday Feb 2,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
What are you having this Groundhog day?

We are having a boston butt if I can find the recipe for the rub I used last time. I don't remember if I got it here or elsewhere.

BTW, this is my first time starting this thread, but I couldn't wait!

Dinner, Sat. Feb. 2rd

Will be making meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn and salad. Grandsons are spending the weekend, so push-ups for them ! Red pop and popcorn for later with movie.

Last edited:
congrats licia!!! :)

i'm working a double again today, so it depends on if the wife and sprog are going to come in to visit me. then we'll go out for dinner.

if not, then dinner will be from whatever's open at midnight. american diners, or chinese, greek, or japanese restaurants.

pssst, barb is trying to steal your thunder...

Hi! I can suggest you a very quick and tasty 'arrosto' (roast)
I use turkey breast, cover it with bacon, and put into hot over (about 180°-200° C)
The fat melt and the taste is delicious!
It takes about 30 minutes for a big breast, for 4-6 people.
I think I'm going to prepare it for this dinner!

When I have time, I prepare the bacon and turkey, in the morning and leave it into the fridge, so to make them melt. I put it into the oven 30 minutes before dinner!

Have a nice w.e.
Simona

simona, do you remove the skin before putting on the bacon, or do you put the bacon over the skin?

grazie, simona. :chef:

i'm definitely going to try this one.

since i had to work all day, i thought it would be nice to surprise my family with fresh bread.
i got up early, took the breadmaker out and set it up in the downstairs kitchen (those suckers make a lot of noise when kneading) with a 10 grain bread, to which i added extra flax and sesame seeds. i just called home and it was a hit. my boy is having some right now, with butter and honey. :)

bucky, you are such a sweet guy. I hope your family appreciates the little (and big!) things you do for them.

I made a huge pot of chicken corn chowder yesterday. I love the recipe I have, even though its a lot of prep. It comes out so colorful too. I'll probably have chowder for lunch and dinner today. LOL.

I have a ton of homework for school and need to clean the kitchen so it will be quick and easy burgers tonight. Depending on how well I get my work done (which obviously is not going as fast as preferred since I'm here!) I may do fries. If not then just make a quick rice side with veggies.

Hi! I can suggest you a very quick and tasty 'arrosto' (roast)I use turkey breast, cover it with bacon, and put into hot over (about 180°-200° C)
I hadn't thought of what I was having for dinner until Simona put this post in. Funny, I don't even know Simona but still, isn't it sweet of her to invite me all the way over to Italy just to join her at her table.:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Although I don't partake, I'll bring the wine Simona, it'll be Buondonno, his Chianti is fabulous!;)
Thank you for posting how it's done.
Buckster, thanks for asking her that, I was wondering too.
And thanks for sending love from Tuscany. I send you love 'to' Tuscany.
Oh and by the way, will my wine choice be all right or should I bring Gabriele's {Buondonno's] white?
Please post your web site for us too, or you can PM it to me, if you prefer. Would love to read it. Adore Italian food, made correctly, the Italian way.:-p

Just got my beef delivery this morning and the porterhouse steak they sent me was just cut today and is ready for the grill!!!! So I suppose the PH with S&P, have not thought much about the sides. Maybe some creamy cheese grits.... OOH OOOH OHH...I know!!! Some asparagus wrapped in bacon and grilled along with the steak!!!! YUM!

Back
Top Bottom