What's for dinner Saturday July 3rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Is everyone eating light in preparation for the big food fest tomorrow? We're out at Bug's Provincials (softball) this weekend so I've put out some chicken breast that we will likely BBQ when we finally make it home tonight.

Cross your fingers and say a prayer for a big bat for Bugs, we're shooting for Nationals!

A light serving of lightly coated River Catfish lightly fried in P-Nut Oil....
Light, and fluffy Huspuppies...Lightly fried to a Light golden brown......
Slaw covered with a light coat of dressing...
Lightly browned FF potatoes.....
A Heavy....:ermm: bowl of Chocolate Ice Cream.......

A light serving of lightly coated River Catfish lightly fried in P-Nut Oil....
Light, and fluffy Huspuppies...Lightly fried to a Light golden brown......
Slaw covered with a light coat of dressing...
Lightly browned FF potatoes.....
A Heavy....:ermm: bowl of Chocolate Ice Cream.......

Oh, it is soo good to be back, Uncle B and see your wonderful sense of humour and good menus have not changed! :)

My pasta was enough last night so I think I will go for the grilled chicken Caesar salad tonight. Hubby grilled me a lemon herb chicken breast yesterday and it will make a very quick "light" meal.

I have become hooked on lemonade lately so will have to stop at the store for lemons!

Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Cole Slaw, maybe some Baked Beans, assorted Fresh Fruit.

We're off to a cocktail arty that always has a lot of good appetizers. Later on if we get hungry, there's plenty of good stuff to munch on.

So I guess we're eating lighter but not intentionally.

DH found sirloins on sale and reduced for quick sale, making them $2.59 a lb. He bought 2 pkgs and ground them up, so we're having chopped sirloin steaks tonight with sauteed 'shrooms and onions and a baked potato. (We usually split one.)

tonight is a spicy chicken stir fry. Fresh Broccoli, carrots, garlic, garlic scapes, edamame (yeah, I know... it's Japanese, not Chinese... whatever :), onion with Hot bean paste, chinese 5-spice powder, and some sesame oil to finish it off!

ribs on the grill, potato salad, beans... now to settle down to watch John Adams

I grilled up some pork chops. Tried something a little different, at least for me. I brushed the chops with oil, then seasoned with salt, pepper, and then put some fresh sage leaves from the garden on half of them (tore and bruised the leaved first), and put some fresh rosemary on the others. Then did the same when I turned them over. They had a nice subtle herb flavor.

We had grilled silver queen corn and sliced tomatoes, peppers, and cucumber on the side.

Homemade chicken ala king (shredded b/s chicken breast, mushrooms, green onions, red bell pepper, flour, butter, salt, ground pepper, chicken broth and ½ & ½) over brown rice and French style green beans.
img_906527_0_c85aea70f96459a8776a7aa1c5454fac.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom