What's for dinner? Sunday 1-29-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I thawed some jumbo shrimp I found in the freezer this morning, so will sprinkle them with some Old Bay and roast them, with some warmed up garlic butter for dippin'. May as well roast some asparagus for a side as long as the oven is heated up. :yum: Maybe a slice of toasted sourdough to go along with it.

What is (or was) on everyone's plate this evening? :chef:

Egg salad. Have a couple of elderly eggs. So why not? Will whack up some celery and have some nice condiments to throw in.

MMM
That's sounds outstanding Cheryl!
I was just thinking that no one had started a thread for dinner tonight :)
I found three extremely large Chicken Breast breaded cutlets from a few suppers ago. Will make up Chicken Parm and some fresh handmade fettuccine that I made a few days back as well... throw in some TJ's fresh bread and maybe a salad ( DH claims that you don't eat salad with pasta :ermm: )
Easy peasy
Dessert will be exciting :w00t2:

DW made fajitas, fresh guac, refried beans, and rice.

We got to try out a few bottles of a gift set of Aztec's Revenge hot sauces i received for Christmas.

The jalapeno was good, and so was the buffalo style and garlic. But the chipotle was gross. It tasted like plastic with imitation smoke flavor.

Dx made a very tasty pan of lasagna today and we put together a salad while it was baking. She sent home enough for several more dinners. Yippee.

I have been feeling a bit under the weather since Saturday afternoon and ended up with a migraine all day yesterday. At least it's a dull ache this morning, hopefully won't get worse. So, we ended up getting take-out last night. I had sushi, half each of a vege roll and a shrimp tempura roll. Craig had spicy tuna roll and a green pork curry. I wanted something sweet too so ordered Thai doughnuts. I had a couple and Craig ate the rest.

Pot roast, steamed green beans, mashed potatoes and mushroom au jus.

I started looking in my copy of the Steamy Kitchen cookbook for something Chinese-inspired to celebrate the Year of the Rooster but once I saw the picture of the crispy baked chicken tonkatsu, I had to make it. So I did a sort of fusion dish and added Penzeys Chinese Five-Spice Powder to the flour for the breading :yum:

I also simmered green beans, onions, garlic and ginger in chicken stock, then added oyster sauce and finished with sesame oil. And some steamed pork dumplings for luck.

Attachments

• 1485793504586.jpg
    1485793504586.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom