What's for Dinner - Sunday 10th June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flourgirl said:
Sounds divine, Regallion!

Kadesma, the peach nectar has got to be delicious, let us know!

I normally make a "nice" dinner on Sundays, but tonight it will be take-out veggie pizza (thin crust, NY style, with red peppers, eggplant, broccoli, mushrooms, olives, red onion topping), with fruit salad. I think pizza and fruit salad is a great combination.
Flourgirl,
I got the idea from Katie E. will let you know how they turn out. Gave the kids their choice, beer can or peach, they choose the peach..
kadesma;)

We went to a wonderful restaurant called Le Relais de Venise L'entrecôte. We were looking for some good beef here in London, which after living in the midwest I have some high standards, and even though this place only serves one style dish it was wonderful served with their famous sauce and fries.

Regallion said:
>> peas and prosciutto
This is a very nice combination and one I do often. I actually use cubetti de pancetta (google it ;)) and some fried shallots with the peas. It's a winner!

ok today has been a busy day and for some reason "although I bought all the ingrediants", I spaced it and started dicing and cooking up carrots so that is the side for tonight instead of the pea dish "lol". I will have to cook it up another night. The recipe i"m following also cals for shallots.

baking a ham for the kids and for sandwiches and things this week ...
mac and cheese also ..
going to grill a couple porter house steaks for the grown ups ..
got some amazing tomatoes from the farmers market ..they will
end up in something ...

Don't know what I'll have for dinner. My mom made beet soup for my sis and dad (they love it), but I hate beets. I'm not incredibly hungry (been snacking on watermelon and what not today) but I feel like having some curried tofu or somesuchthing. perhaps I'll make that and have it over leftover brown rice. but not sure yet.:huh:

It's such a lovely day here today that once again we have the charcoal grill going. And in honor of "The Soprano's" final episode airing tonight, I'll be grilling Italian Herb & Balsamic Vinegar Chicken sausages with grill-roasted peppers & Vidalia onions on toasted rolls.

Well we had our first of the beer can chickens..Made 3 chickens using Katie E.'s peach nectar idea, Katie BRAVO..of 3 chicken I now have 1 wing and 1 drumstick left and those were on my plate:LOL: The chickens turned out so good and moist and just a hint of sweetness..Thank you Katie. Made Ol blue's recipe for the shredded potatoe cakes with onions and cheese..great and will be made again. Had planed on rice, but glad we did the potatoes, Ethan and Olivia each ate a potatoe cake :) I also added to our menu had'nt been in the garden in about a week as our neighbor forgot his irrigation water and it flooded my garden..So when I got in it today I found 6 nice size tomatoes which became a 3rd salad, sliced um up, sprinkled with sal de mer, dressed with evoo and balsamic, topped with fresh basil and shaved parm yummy..so our dinner was a success thanks to our wonderful DC cooks...Bless your hearts for being so generous..

kadesma:)

kadesma said:
Well we had our first of the beer can chickens..Made 3 chickens using Katie E.'s peach nectar idea, Katie BRAVO..of 3 chicken I now have 1 wing and 1 drumstick left and those were on my plate:LOL: The chickens turned out so good and moist and just a hint of sweetness..Thank you Katie. Made Ol blue's recipe for the shredded potatoe cakes with onions and cheese..great and will be made again. Had planed on rice, but glad we did the potatoes, Ethan and Olivia each ate a potatoe cake :) I also added to our menu had'nt been in the garden in about a week as our neighbor forgot his irrigation water and it flooded my garden..So when I got in it today I found 6 nice size tomatoes which became a 3rd salad, sliced um up, sprinkled with sal de mer, dressed with evoo and balsamic, topped with fresh basil and shaved parm yummy..so our dinner was a success thanks to our wonderful DC cooks...Bless your hearts for being so generous..

kadesma:)
Glad you liked the beer can chicken. It's almost addictive any way it's prepared. We love, love, love it so many different ways.

Couldn't be easier, too. In the oven or on the grill. What's not to like. You wanna cry, try using Cornish game hens.

Katie

boston market. not a beloved restaurant to me. chix was great, cept thier other food isn't my usual sort of food. potatoes & gravy, macaroni & cheese- ummmm... probably wouldn't be a customer again. jake loves them, he can dine there by himself!

Lemon, rosemary, garlic chicken strips over penne pasta, and strawberry spinach salad.

Some friends invited us to Red Lobster, it was okay. I had grilled salmon, rice pilaf and garlic grilled jumbo shrimp. Oldest daughter had snow crab legs and steamed veggies, younger 2 daughters had chicken fingers and steamed veggies. No dessert. I don't know yet what is for tonight. :)

Back
Top Bottom