What's for Dinner, Sunday, May 20, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caine

Washing Up
I am having, for Sunday brunch, two waffles (made in my George Foreman G5) with a sunnyside up egg, 4 slices of bacon, a glass of ovaltine, and copius amounts of Peerless Coffee Company Breakfast Blend, all of which should ensure that I won't spend TOO much when I do my grocery shopping.

For dinner I will be having a ribeye steak, marinated in a tradtional bulgogi marinade, and cooked to medium rare pefection on the barbeque grill. This will be accompanied by steamed mixed vegeables seasoned with salt, pepper, and butter, and these little balls of potatoes, cheese and bread crumbs that Omaha steaks like to call au gratin potatoes. Hey Omaha Steaks, I'LL be the judge of that!

Later this evening I will complete my day with a small slice of deep dish peach pie and a scoop of Breyer's peach ice cream, both of which I know are on sale at Smart & Final today.

Wow your day sounds pleasantly delicious.

I'm cooking Katie E beer can chicken.
Along with that will be carrots, mashed potatoes, and homemade gravy. Rolls too. I can't wait to see the results. Wish me luck.

big fat roast chicken, with lots of garlic under the skin
baby carrots ( I think Caine had a good recipe for these, must look)
green salads all around.

Left overs from the weekend...

French onion soup
and Greek salad. On second thought... they sound really terrible together. I think we'll just have soup.

Today were are having Quesadillas, with shredded chicken,brie, monterey jack and some sauteed onions.On top will be some torn basil,mint, oregano,cut chives, dressed with evoo,rice vinegar,salt and pepper, Spanish rice, and refried beans..Starters, avocado dip and chips as well as a melted cheese dip, and a fruit platter with jicama,fresh melons,green apples,mango and papaya,i'm going to put lime juice over the fruit then sprinkle with chili powder and salt. Dessert will be ol"blues lemon/orange bundt cake with glaze..

kadesma

Boneless ribeye for me, left over lemon pepper fried chicken for DH. Corn bread, mashed taters and green beans as well, left over from last night.

Dessert? Double stuffed Oreos for sure!

Thanks, Katie. Don't think I've ever cooked turkey with tomato sauce, but this sounds very promising.

And about that sherbet....is it homemade?

My default preference instead of cake is pie or bread pudding, but raspberry "anything" sounds pretty darn good too! Wonder if there's a recipe out there for raspberry pie - now that would be very interesting.........

There is, muddy. One of Buck's favorites is raspberry pie made with my grandmother's recipe. My maternal grandfather grew raspberries and it was always a treat to visit and gorge myself on all things raspberry. My grandmother made the most awesome jams and jellies and the BEST raspberry pie.

She never wrote the recipe down but, I lived with them during my first year of college and was able to observe when she made the pies. I've been able to pretty nearly duplicate the recipe. At least close enough for me.

shrimp fajuitas --WOW, scrumptious
fresh rhubarb crisp ala mode

I sure hope that pie recipe arrives b4 my rasberries are ripe, I just checked and they are full of blossoms

Katie E said:
I, too, haven't written the recipe down, so I'll have to give that request some thought.

Now...I return everyone back to the regularly scheduled program, already in progress.:wacko:

if you would please, ma'am, thank you. just need the filling part.

Back
Top Bottom