What's for Dinner Sunday September 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
DH decided yesterday he needs to go semi "Atkins" for a couple of weeks and just wants meat and veggies. Dad just wants meat, potatoes and gravy and I am slowly reverting to being a vegetarian once again.

So, we are having grilled steak tonight. I will bake and mash a potato for Dad's and smother it all in packaged gravy (sounds awful but it works for him!) DH is having a steak salad and I will have a salad.

What's everyone else having?

My original plan was to make a quick meat sauce this evening to go over spaghetti. SO tells me we should consider going out for Chinese. Who am I to argue?

I have a little white sauce left and a sausage patty, so I'm thinking sausage gravy with eggs over easy and a toasted English muffin.

I am going to make andouille sausage and shrimp jambalaya, and use the leftovers to stuff these three great big red bell peppers I bought, for suppers next week. Yes, I WILL be parboiling the bell peppers before I stuff them. If you claim to be a classically trained chef and disagree with parboiling the bell peppers before stuffing and baking them, all I can say is YOU MUST HAVE BEEN OUT SICK THAT DAY!

I'm thinking a steak with grilled potatoes and green beans.

I am going to make andouille sausage and shrimp jambalaya, and use the leftovers to stuff these three great big red bell peppers I bought, for suppers next week. Yes, I WILL be parboiling the bell peppers before I stuff them. If you claim to be a classically trained chef and disagree with parboiling the bell peppers before stuffing and baking them, all I can say is YOU MUST HAVE BEEN OUT SICK THAT DAY!

I'm not a classically trained chef and I don't parboil my peppers.

But you go ahead and do whatever you want.

(I must have missed that thread!)

Last edited:
I did not know Father Murphy was in the pizza business :LOL:

I will look for him.

In the late fall and winter I make my own but, I have not geared up for the season yet.

Thanks for the tip!

Aunt Bea said:
I did not know Father Murphy was in the pizza business :LOL:

I will look for him.

In the late fall and winter I make my own but, I have not geared up for the season yet.

Thanks for the tip!

Might just be a Midwest thing. They get voted Best Pizza all the time by locals.

Using my mini pie maker the kids have all flown town so I have the holiday to myself:LOL: DH loves helping make these pies so it will be Swiss and onion pies for us tonight. sliced tomatoes,avocados and thin sliced onions. The banana cream pie for dessertl. I plan to fold up find a movie and call it a day.
kades

I'm not a classically trained chef and I don't parboil my peppers.

Well, in this case, the filling is already cooked, so if you put raw stuffed peppers in a 350F oven and bake them for 40 minutes, which is how long it will take for the peppers to cook through, you'll end up with bell pepper cup-a-soup!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom