What's for dinner? Thursday 10-26-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I simply can't afford thick expensive steaks these days. I buy the thin cut steaks and try and add other things to make it a good steak dinner (baked potato with all the fixings, asparagus, etc.)

Last edited:
Beautiful grilled steak, Cheryl!

No idea. We're on the road on the way to Michigan and have a hotel reservation in Somerset, PA, so we'll find something once we get there.
You were nearly surrounded by State Game Lands out there. You could have gone out to shoot your own (deer) steak. ;)

I made garden salads and individual pizzas on Naan bread. Himself had lots of meats plus lots of onions. Mine had prosciutto and a few bits of ham, with lots of veggies, and black and green olives. We nibbled the night away - no leftovers!

Attachments

• 20171026_203323.jpg
    20171026_203323.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 108
You were nearly surrounded by State Game Lands out there. You could have gone out to shoot your own (deer) steak. ;)

Lacking any weapons other than plastic cutlery, I could only shoot it with my camera and we would still be hungry [emoji38]

I got my towns mixed up. We had just passed Somerset when I wrote that. We actually spent the night in Monroeville, just outside Pittsburgh. DH saw an Outback Steakhouse on the way to the hotel and got a hankering for shrimp, so we ordered from there. I got surf & turf - shrimp and a 6-ounce sirloin. Both came with salads, so it was a decent dinner. We ate in bed watching the original Jurassic Park.

Paul Prudhomme's red beans and rice with our homemade andouille.

Attachments

• 2017-10-27 11.08.06.jpg
    2017-10-27 11.08.06.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 109
Paul Prudhomme's red beans and rice with our homemade andouille.

That looks wonderful and brings back great memories of Paul's recipes.. The first time I made Blackened Red Fish for guests, I scared the hell out of them... :)

His red beans and rice was a favorite recipe of mine way back when.. I remember having a heck of the time finding andouille in the town we lived in..

Ross

It was a bit of a rush meal as TB did overtime and wanted to do the floors for me before going to bed for his last pre-puppy day shift! (She lands in Seattle in less than 11 hours!).

So, he had leftover turkey from Wednesday with some rice I made for Cupcake's first few meals to get her used to all the changes in her life. He rounded out his plate with his standard cucumber and tomatoes and was good to go.

I had mushroom soup and toast. My head is pounding from the sinus infection and still remnants of the concussion from falling out of bed about 10 days ago. Don't panic, I am okay, just have to put more rest into my days...which will be fun with a 4-month-old puppy and a high-strung cat! :wacko::LOL:

What diverse menus we had last night, all! Fab looking pics. I'm especially craving the red beans and rice Med posted - once it cools off a bit more. Fickle weather here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom