What's for dinner Thursday, 3-9-2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Crawfish Magnifique from Chef Paul Prudhomme over a mirliton. It's really just a slightly fancied up etouffee. First time we ever tried this recipe, but per Craig we will be replacing our normal etouffee from Justin Wilson with this one. He ate 3 mirliton halves with the etouffee over them. My bowl in the picture has 1. Apparently, he really liked this.
20230309_181545.jpg

Feel split up with my supper. Ate the other chicken thigh from last night, cold straight out of the fridge, as soon as I got home late this afternoon ;). Then the last couple of Dolmas. Finally got around to doing the leeks, didn't have prosciutto, just used bacon, was hard to judge quantities for liquids, nevertheless it was delish! all washed down with Pinot Grigio.

Leeks, still have half the dish for another meal.
20230309_191541.jpg

Last edited:
Crawfish Magnifique from Chef Paul Prudhomme over a mirliton. It's really just a slightly fancied up etouffee. First time we ever tried this recipe, but per Craig we will be replacing our normal etouffee from Justin Wilson with this one. He ate 3 mirliton halves with the etouffee over them. My bowl in the picture has 1. Apparently, he really liked this.View attachment 63841
Sounds delicious. Is this in his first cookbook?

Yes, i think it's his first. It has all his spice mix recipes instead of the commercial blends. I'll check the title later as I need to make a couple of notes, the main one being cutting down on salt just a bit since we have cut down on salt in our diet.

Louisiana Kitchen

I'm going to cut salt down to 3/4 Tbsp next time. I did cut butter down to 1 stick, and crawfish to 1 pound this time. I only used 2 mirlitons but there was enough sauce for 3. We had some left over even though we went heavy on it. I skipped the breading and frying of the mirliton. I peeled, halved lengthwise, took seed out, then boiled in water with a heavy Tbsp of the seasoning mix. I also will skip the scooping out of flesh next time, as i just chopped it up and added it in with the green onions and garlic.

We had the one meal portion of lasagna that didn't make it into the freezer. My version of a salad tonight was a pile of celery and carrot sticks and a few grape tomatoes. Ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

Louisiana Kitchen

I'm going to cut salt down to 3/4 Tbsp next time. I did cut butter down to 1 stick, and crawfish to 1 pound this time. I only used 2 mirlitons but there was enough sauce for 3. We had some left over even though we went heavy on it. I skipped the breading and frying of the mirliton. I peeled, halved lengthwise, took seed out, then boiled in water with a heavy Tbsp of the seasoning mix. I also will skip the scooping out of flesh next time, as i just chopped it up and added it in with the green onions and garlic.
That’s the one I have. Got it at a flea market for $2.

I roasted some hot Italian sausage with a chicken breast and a chicken leg. I put those over a bunch of fingerling potatoes and fartichokes tossed with EVOO and salt. I served that with a salad (Boston lettuce, red onion, radish, carrot, and haskap berries) with a blue cheese dressing. We stuffed ourselves, but there is plenty left, as hoped for.

Attachments

• Roast chicken breast, Italian sausage, and fingerling potatoes with a salad and blue cheese dr...jpg
    Roast chicken breast, Italian sausage, and fingerling potatoes with a salad and blue cheese dr...jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Roast chicken leg, Italian sausage, and fartichokes with a salad and blue cheese dressing.jpg
    Roast chicken leg, Italian sausage, and fartichokes with a salad and blue cheese dressing.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 2
I roasted some hot Italian sausage with a chicken breast and a chicken leg. I put those over a bunch of fingerling potatoes and fartichokes tossed with EVOO and salt. I served that with a salad (Boston lettuce, red onion, radish, carrot, and haskap berries) with a blue cheese dressing. We stuffed ourselves, but there is plenty left, as hoped for.
fartichokes LOL

We rented a house in the Outer Banks of North Carolina for the week, and his dad is here for a visit. DH picked up a nice side of locally caught red snapper, which I seasoned with Penzeys Greek seasoning and 4/S Seasoning Salt and roasted for dinner, along with green beans and grape tomatoes. I made a sauce by marinating diced cucumber and Olive Garden salad dressing, then draining them and mixing in some mayonnaise. It turned out pretty well. I also made Zatarain's dirty rice.
20230309_191627.jpg

20230309_191933.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom