What's for dinner Thursday, August 29, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Brined, then grilled pork tenderloin, country green beans, and potato, fennel, onion gratin.

Attachments

• 2019-08-29 18.14.17.jpg
    2019-08-29 18.14.17.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 122
Mrs. T is out with the girls, and we're getting ready for a vacation, so it's cleaning out some leftovers. Cheeseburger on the grill, leftover caprese salad and beans.

Having something I love and have often - Cannelloni (the recipe I posted)- but this one with a twist - Red Sauce (tomato & basil), mixed/layered with white sauce (béchamel made with 3 different cheeses- cheddar, emmenthal & romano) , and finely grated parmesan on top - it'll probably turn out to be just Rosee - I think you know what I mean - but we'll see.

Where are you going on vacation, tenspeed? Or is it a secret? No matter, I hope you and Mrs.T have a nice time.

A huge wave of "lazy" washed over me. At least it waited until I was done doing my own washing (two loads of laundry and a full dishwasher load). One of today's fake holidays is Chop Suey Day. While we aren't big fans of chop suey, we do love us some Chinese. Himself is heading out for moo goo gai pan and shrimp fried rice. He'll probably bring home a spring roll, too. I've got the water on to boil for a pot of Eight at the Fort.

I had leftover Madras chicken and a half a pickle. It's the first time I'm making pickled cucumbers and I wanted to see if they are ready. I used Charlie D's recipe for half sour dill pickles. It's pretty good, but I think DH will want it to ferment a bit longer and lose all of the fresh cucumber flavour.

Everyone's dinners sound so good! I enjoyed yesterday's taco salad so much, that I made another one this afternoon. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom