What's for dinner, Thursday Dec 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
Oh man, I'm in for a challenge. I decided to make lasagna, the problem is that I have no range to cook the noodles and sausage and no oven to bake it in (the d*** thing is still kaput.) I have all the ingredients, here's the plan. I have a 2 quart pyrex bowl in the microwave with a quart of water and a lasagna noodle going right now. Testing the waters, pardon the pun. I can easily cook the sausage in a cast iron pan in the fireplace, that problem is solved. After that, I plan on assembling all the ingredients in a 13x9x2 pyrex pan and cooking it on the grill over medium coals. This has disaster written all over it but I think I can pull it off. I may have to take pictures of the process, wish me luck!

Luck is being sent your way.

I have no idea about dinner yet. I'll have to start thinking
about it soon though. Rice with berries and some kind of meat... or sandwiches. Mom and Grandpa will be arriving tomorrow and I'll be cooking up a storm for the next three days... Yeah, sandwiches sound good.

tonight it's me and the boy (take 1 guess what dw is doing?), so after i put him down in his cage for the night, it'll be "use up all of the meat that's about to go bad" night. i think i have turkey sausage, chicken tenders and breasts, bacon, chorizo, and cornish game hens.
i'm thinking either a stir fry, a type of cacciatore or paella, or possibly slme kind of stuffing to go with the roasted hens.

Bucky that sounds like it could be the makings of an interesting variation of jambalaya :cool:

Damp I want to see those pictures. That sounds like it could be a lot of fun to attempt. I am sure you are not feeling that way right now though.

I have no idea what I am making tonight. The last few nights I did not cook and just ate whatever was lying around. I think the wife would like a real meal tonight so I have got to start thinking.

The noodles in the microwave are a success! I think you sent the luck at just the right time, Pds! GB, I'll post the pictures even if the project is a failure. The only thing I'm a bit nervous about is cooking the whole shebang on the grill. A quote from "Major League" keeps running through my head:

"H*** of a situation we got here. Two on, two out, your team down a run and you've got the chance to be the hero on national television ... if you don't blow it."

Decisions are sometimes hard to make. I cannot decide what to have for dinner tonight. I have the ingredients to make:

Spaghetti with Italian sausage
Jambalaya
Tacos.

I am leaning towards having the spaghetti. Like Bucky I have two packages of Italian sausage that I need to use up.

Last edited:
Leftovers or sandwiches:rolleyes: since I need to pack. We leave early morning to Dallas; a 10 hour trip.

Damp, my ex-MIL cooked lasagna on the grill once and it turned out just fine. (She used a disposable foil pan) Kudos for being so resourceful! Let us know how it is!

We're having Middie's tuscan white bean and sausage soup, sourdough bread and salad. Unless temptation gets the best of me and we order a pizza!:rolleyes:

It turned out great, PA! I posted a pic of the lasagna on the grill in the Member's Photos section. I was worried that the bottom would burn but it didn't, it cooked up just fine!

Edit: A big thanks to MJ for providing the Picasa link some time ago. Otherwise, I probably would have posted a pic the size of a football field.

Last edited:
DampCharcoal said:
The noodles in the microwave are a success! I think you sent the luck at just the right time, Pds! GB, I'll post the pictures even if the project is a failure. The only thing I'm a bit nervous about is cooking the whole shebang on the grill. A quote from "Major League" keeps running through my head:

"H*** of a situation we got here. Two on, two out, your team down a run and you've got the chance to be the hero on national television ... if you don't blow it."

I'm not worried for you on this one. Seems very doable. Heck, I'd try it. Only thing I can think of is a smokey taste to your lasagna. Lots of really good heavy duty foil wrapped tight oughta take care of that concern though.

For us, I think it's clean out the frig night. There is stuff in there from Easter:sick: ........kidding, but it's in need of being cleaned out for sure. I'll tell the DH that my jammies and slippers along with the cookies in the oven baking, will be good enough for me. He can be on his own darn it!:huh: kidding again..............:eek:

We're having grilled buffalo burgers and maybe some fries.

I feel like an elf at Santa's workshop...daughter is on her way and I still have soooooo much to do. Good thing hubby is fixing supper! :)

We had leftovers of ham and beans and cornbread, and made a bunch of Christmas candy. And we are going to taste test the "white pizza dip" experiment soon... :cool:

SierraCook said:
Decisions are sometimes hard to make. I cannot decide what to have for dinner tonight. I have the ingredients to make:

Spaghetti with Italian sausage
Jambalaya
Tacos.

I am leaning towards having the spaghetti. Like Bucky I have two packages of Italian sausage that I need to use up.

Ok, I had none of the above for dinner. I got all wrapped up in wrapping presents and end up ordering a bacon cheeseburger and beer batter fries from the restaurant across the street from my house. :)

We had lots to do so I didn't add "dinner" to my list. I bought a lemon pepper rotisserie chicken, some redskin potato salad, but cooked some fresh baby limas and garlic bread. We had a bought pumpkin pie for dessert. Publix makes the best pumpkin pies.

I didn't want to spend a lot of money on dinner last night and I couldn't think of anything I wanted to make so I ended up wandering around the super market trying to get ideas. I ended up buying some chicken breasts and artichoke hearts and hoping that I had stuff at home that I could combine with those two things to make a decent meal. I ended up cutting up some potatoes and garlic and throwing that in a baking dish with the artichokes. The chicken went on top and was covered in taco sauce and cheese. It was a decent meal, but certainly nothing to write home about.

Back
Top Bottom