What's for dinner tonight, 7/15/2017, Saturday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrimp and grits.

36788-albums309-picture6930.jpg

Wow! This is a dish i have always wanted to try but never have. It looks really good! :chef:

I bought an Anova Sous Vide cooker during Amazon's Prime Day sale this past week. I made steak a couple of days ago. Today I have a Sirloin Tip Roast that's been sitting in the water bath since 7AM. I scoured the internet for some guidance on times, but they were all over the map... everything from 8 to 24 hours. I'm just hoping it will be done in time for dinner.
I ended up leaving the roast in the sous vide for 11 hours. It came out fantastic! Almost as tender as prime rib, which is pretty amazing for a cut of sirloin. I'll definitely be doing this more often.
CSRpvhd.jpg

The heat has exhausted me today, so easy eating tonight. Leftover pasta salad, caprese salad with garden tomatoes and basil, cut-up watermelon and cantaloupe, and homemade pickles. There's a little smoked pork left and I could pan-fry a bratwurst patty if DH needs more meat :mrgreen:

We brush hogged today too! Tomorrow we are gathering up scrap metal from the farm to give to my brother, he has no income until September with his cancer diagnosis. We also washed the jeep and truck, my jeep hasn't been washed since we took it out west, last September... it looks like a new vehicle!
On another note, I love love love catfish but my fiancé won't touch any seafood at all. I'm thinking I can convert him with fried catfish.

Yep! I wash my truck once a year whether it needs it or not! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On another note, ya better try to convert the boy before the wedding!! If you are unsuccessful, drastic measures may have to be taken.....:ermm::ohmy:

:bash:

:LOL:

I made the baked ziti. It turned out very good. But I didn't have much of an appetite. So I had i large serving spoon portion (which I didn't finish). I also made microwave paper bag popcorn (1/4 cup kernels in brown lunch bag), zap 2 minutes. Had a couple handfuls with salt. That was dinner.

I bought an Anova Sous Vide cooker during Amazon's Prime Day sale TV this past week. I made steak a couple of days ago. Today I have a Sirloin Tip Roast that's been sitting in the water bath since 7AM. I scoured the internet for some guidance on times, but they were all over the map... everything from 8 to 24 hours. I'm just hoping it will be done in time for dinner.

SzAi84P.jpg

Darn, .missed that. All I ordered was a case of disposable gloves and briefs for my Mom.

Last edited:
Good lookin' dinners all. Steve, that sirloin roast is a thing of beauty! Almost makes me want a Sous Vide...

Busy day here, too. I ended up making salads and sandwiches. Sandwiches were on croissant rolls (toasted) with either ham or turkey and cheese. Himself opted for one of each, ham with sharp American cheese, turkey with Swiss. I had one sandwich with both ham and turkey but only Swiss cheese. Then I snuck a fresh-bought donut. Shhh...

Very busy today. Weed-eating, mowing, bush hogging, cutting up two large pecan limbs. Canning tomatoes, Making tomato juice, and 6 jars of salsa. Washed the car, sprayed a Kieffer pear tree, went to the garden. ++++

So supper is kinda thrown together to include.

Fried Catfish
Slaw
Sweet Potato fries
A fried green tomato.....While in the garden it was just lying on the ground...what else could I do but bring it to the house. ;)
Maybe some refrigerator scraps.
Yeah, Yeah, I know. Lots of fried foods........but it's "Cheat Day":clap::clap:and my Doctor said the other day I was the healthiest 45 year old he had ever seen.:ermm:

Dinner sounds great! I sure hope that pecan will be seeing a smoker in a few years!?

Wow! This is a dish i have always wanted to try but never have. It looks really good! :chef:

Thanks. You should try it. It's really easy to make. Try to find stone ground grits if you can, but definitely don't use instant. And use the directions on the package of whatever grits you buy. I use this recipe Old Charleston Style Shrimp and Grits Recipe - Allrecipes.com except I make a quick shrimp stock with the shells and use that for the gravy part and I use more than a cup, whatever it takes to make a nice gravy. I also either omit or use less green bell since I'm not all that fond of them.

The heat has exhausted me today, so easy eating tonight. Leftover pasta salad, caprese salad with garden tomatoes and basil, cut-up watermelon and cantaloupe, and homemade pickles. There's a little smoked pork left and I could pan-fry a bratwurst patty if DH needs more meat :mrgreen:
Mmmm, that was good. 0715172050a_HDR.jpg

We used this, this year. It worked great! Well.. I say we when I really meant my fiancés son. He did it this year. We inspected and watched from the side by side. :ROFLMAO: my fiancé is deathly allergic to bees (yellow jackets) now so I try to keep him away from possible attacks!

Attachments

• IMG_3869.jpg
    IMG_3869.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3874.jpg
    IMG_3874.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom