Whats for Dinner, Tues August 8th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
Is anyone cooking or is it too hot?

I am making zuchinni moussaka, Greek salad and a blackberry pie. I hit the Farmers Market at lunchtime and I am already drooling over my pie.

Grilled Tuna with Feastivals' barbecue sauce and leftover Maque Choux! We try not to do dessert every night, but we always have a glass of wine. :)

Wow! that blackberry pie sounds delicious! Maybe we'll come to YOUR house for dinner instead! :rolleyes:

Leftover Moussaka for us.
It was so good last night and I'm sure it'll be even better tonight.
It's one of those things that always taste better the second time around.

Middie, your dinner sounds good--I've been craving sweet and sour lately!

We're having the grilled steak, corn and beans we were supposed to have last night. It rained, plus Sofie is cutting 3 teeth and wouldn't let me put her down, so DH picked up a pizza on the way home.

I made a big pot of sauce and spaghetti this morning. If I don't get it done early, in this heat, we have sandwiches or go out.

I making chicken breasts florentine, brown rice, and green bean casserole.

As usual and not at all surprising to me at all, is that by the sound of the meals being made by you folks, I'd rather be at your houses!:LOL: But I think tonight I've managed to muster up a pretty good one myself. I've been gone so long and so much lately that it feels good to be in my kitchen where I can create! Hoping and praying it turns out good!:angel:

Over the weekend, I was introduced to some new ideas for eating. One was a corn breadsalad and the other was corn pudding. I tasted in corn pudding in New Orleans at VooDoo restaurant on my layover (perhaps it tasted so good cause I was just dyin to get outta there :ohmy: ). Anyway, for dinner tonight, I've already made the corn breadsalad and the fresh corn has cooked and is off the cob. I'll assemble the concoction and get it ready for baking. Also, thinly sliced cabbage sauteed in butter and evoo, with garlic and parm cheese. the main meal is gnocchi with a sauce of beef chuncks cooked in w/w, cream, beef stock, garlic, mushrooms, carrot, onions, flour and butter. all hand or home made, nothing from the freezer helper at the market, I am in the mood to do something spectacular. Choco chippers for dessert! << baking now... Hope hubby enjoys, smells so good in here:ROFLMAO:

LEFSElover. if your husband doesn't love that meal, it's time to trade him in.:LOL:

We're planning to have chicken cutlets, breaded with crumbs, parsley,salt and pepper and fresh grated parmesan, then saute them and when done top with some baby salad greens, with fresh tomato,red onion and just some evoo and balsamic as the dressing.Along with the chicken, some parsley evoo baby potatoes and green beans with bacon and butter. Made some vanilla ice cream so that is dessert along with some sliced white peaches from the garden.

kadesma:)

LEFSElover... Now I wish I was making chocolate chip cookies.
My house smells funny and salty from baking wonton wrappers.

I'm making pea salad, but it's more of an experiment than for a meal. They look like hors d'oeurves.

I think I'll just have microwaveable meals for dinner. I'm on a "diet" that is very different from my Dad's eating habits, so I have no clue what to make for dinner. I was going to make shrimp salad, but I didn't feel like lugging the insulated tote out to the grocery store because it is bulky and heavy, and I don't trust seafood out 20 minutes in 78 degree weather (which is quite cooler than its been.)

Leftovers -- boneless chicken breasts that were marinated and grilled and served on a bed of sauteed carmelized fresh corn cut from the cob and grilled red peppers. But instead of the leftover corn, we're going to have the chicken with another leftover dish -- risotto with fresh plum tomatoes, peppers, and onions. A salad of butter lettuce, chives, and cukes should complement the dishes well, with any luck.:)

Back
Top Bottom