What's for dinner Tues. Sept. 23, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need inspiration, too, Sattie.
I'm still not hungry after lunch, but it did put me to sleep for a nice nap.....

I am with you on that one!!! Nap for me too please!!!!! I'm still trying to run down my list of ingredients (in my head) for some ideas. I think that is what is making me sleepy!

for Sattie and Pacanis..........
I found this for you both, hope it brings some inspiration to you both....try clicking on the left side if the original pix doesn't do it for ya..................;)

I have some zucchini & yellow squash that Im going to roast w/ a little EVOO, salt, pepper, parm.cheese & DRIED basil (since my basil plant has entered the afterlife:()
I have some boneless,skinless chicken breasts defrosting but Im not sure what Im going to do with them yet....any suggestions would be welcomed;)
Also have leftover rice, may make some rice balls...if I feel like dragging out my deep fryer:ermm:

I know you have no basil.... but dried would work...

I'm making this for dinner. Made it up this summer...
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/my-invented-chicken-48265.html

marigene, your dinner looks delicious and wholesome, pretty picture.

Pacanis, for you to give you an idea of how it turned out.

That looks super. Just way my mother's used to look.

Going to cook some boneless ribs, roasted white sweets and green beans.

Thank you LEFSE... something does sound good to me, but I don't have all the ingredients on hand to make it. But I have a hankering for cabbage stew with potatoes, cabbage, stew meat, canned tomatos... I know it is suited for colder weather, but it sure sounds good! Now, if I just had some cabbage!!!!

I think I've settled on chicken cacciatore with spaghetti and a green salad. I'll take opportunity to chop up some of the tomatoes I'm still getting from the garden.

Tonight is ziti and meatballs with garlic bread. I need something hearty on these cool evenings.

Making a deep-dish pepperoni and mushroom pizza here, that's 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 mushroom, and bag o' salad.

I've got a pot of Maryland crab soup simmering on the stove right now.
Probably won't try it until tommorow though. Guess I'll just wait for my GF to get home from work to see what she would like.

I think I'm going to make up some kind of one pot concoction tonight.
I have half a bag of harricot verts to use up, some ham I'd like to use up, a small container of bacon "drippings" in the freezer. I could dice up a potato.... with some garlic bread on the side.....
Soon as I get up the gumption, I'll start throwing stuff together.

have a coastal storm brewing .. so no grilling tonight ..
chicken parmesean ... i could grill it ..
but i dont think i will .. but not entirely sure as i type this ...

Dw is not home for dinner, so it was 2 Johnsonville Brats on my homemade hot dog buns, and a can of Bush's Baked Beans. Urp!

Back
Top Bottom