What's for dinner Tuesday 08-17-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Hello friends,

Another lovely day here. I really need to get to the market to stock up my pantry and fridge.

Dinner tonight will be grilled skirt steak with a chimchurri sauce. On the side we'll have orzo and lots of veggies from the garden.

Enjoy the day!

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I LOVE SKIRT STEAK Littlechef!!

I have bone in rib eye steaks (on sale $3.99 lb) & corn on the cob. Left over sesame noodles, bean salad, tomato salad and 1/2 a cauliflower (uncooked) that may also make an appearance on the plate.

licia

Executive Chef
Probably a cold plate with sliced chicken, ham, potato salad, caprese salad, cheese wedges, crackers and lots of iced tea - fresh fruit for dessert.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Stuffed vegetables. I make a pork, mushroom and cheese based stuffing and put it into zucchini, peppers, portabellos etc. and bake.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll be roasting a Tri Tip to rare in the oven soon. We'll have baked potatoes, garlic bread and a big green salad.

Msmofit.......how do you like those sesame noodles?

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Bone in rib eye steaks (on sale $3.99 lb) done on the cast iron stovetop grill (I split this steak with daughter). Sides were (mostly veggies) ½ a corn on the cob steamed and steamed cauliflower and left over sesame noodles, bean salad, and tomato salad from last night.

img_914955_0_2f2b3fdf01bae25cebbc8936589cda43.jpg

Kayelle thank you for the link. You were right about the addictiveness of these noodles!! I made 2 changes though 1/2 canola oil & 1/2 sesame oil and only 1 - 1/2 T. hot oil.

Here is a picture of the sesame noodle in the bowl before being tossed. They look like Ramen noodles but say Chinese Noodles on the bag.

img_914955_1_392e2e2c2056a8f91e70b550e8d3cc6d.jpg

Last edited:

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I was at the hospital all day and thought DH was sleeping as he is on night shifts all week. When I got home he had me go take a nap. When I woke up and went to the kitchen there was a wonderful chicken dinner with orange reduction, rice and peas with red pepper beautifully plated on a candle lit table. Oh, yes, almost forgot the strawberries and cream for dessert.

I was overwhelmed and asked where did he learn all this? He smiled and said matter of factly "from you"! All I can say is WOW!!!

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I was at the hospital all day and thought DH was sleeping as he is on night shifts all week. When I got home he had me go take a nap. When I woke up and went to the kitchen there was a wonderful chicken dinner with orange reduction, rice and peas with red pepper beautifully plated on a candle lit table. Oh, yes, almost forgot the strawberries and cream for dessert.

I was overwhelmed and asked where did he learn all this? He smiled and said matter of factly "from you"! All I can say is WOW!!!
YOU BETTER HAVE A PICTURE LP!! What a wondeful hub!! Have a great dinner/evening LP you deserve it.

Top Bottom