What's for dinner Tuesday 08-17-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello friends,

Another lovely day here. I really need to get to the market to stock up my pantry and fridge.

Dinner tonight will be grilled skirt steak with a chimchurri sauce. On the side we'll have orzo and lots of veggies from the garden.

Enjoy the day!

I LOVE SKIRT STEAK Littlechef!!

I have bone in rib eye steaks (on sale $3.99 lb) & corn on the cob. Left over sesame noodles, bean salad, tomato salad and 1/2 a cauliflower (uncooked) that may also make an appearance on the plate.

Probably a cold plate with sliced chicken, ham, potato salad, caprese salad, cheese wedges, crackers and lots of iced tea - fresh fruit for dessert.

Stuffed vegetables. I make a pork, mushroom and cheese based stuffing and put it into zucchini, peppers, portabellos etc. and bake.

I'll be roasting a Tri Tip to rare in the oven soon. We'll have baked potatoes, garlic bread and a big green salad.

Msmofit.......how do you like those sesame noodles?

Bone in rib eye steaks (on sale $3.99 lb) done on the cast iron stovetop grill (I split this steak with daughter). Sides were (mostly veggies) ½ a corn on the cob steamed and steamed cauliflower and left over sesame noodles, bean salad, and tomato salad from last night.

img_914955_0_2f2b3fdf01bae25cebbc8936589cda43.jpg

Kayelle thank you for the link. You were right about the addictiveness of these noodles!! I made 2 changes though 1/2 canola oil & 1/2 sesame oil and only 1 - 1/2 T. hot oil.

Here is a picture of the sesame noodle in the bowl before being tossed. They look like Ramen noodles but say Chinese Noodles on the bag.

img_914955_1_392e2e2c2056a8f91e70b550e8d3cc6d.jpg

Last edited:
I was at the hospital all day and thought DH was sleeping as he is on night shifts all week. When I got home he had me go take a nap. When I woke up and went to the kitchen there was a wonderful chicken dinner with orange reduction, rice and peas with red pepper beautifully plated on a candle lit table. Oh, yes, almost forgot the strawberries and cream for dessert.

I was overwhelmed and asked where did he learn all this? He smiled and said matter of factly "from you"! All I can say is WOW!!!

I was at the hospital all day and thought DH was sleeping as he is on night shifts all week. When I got home he had me go take a nap. When I woke up and went to the kitchen there was a wonderful chicken dinner with orange reduction, rice and peas with red pepper beautifully plated on a candle lit table. Oh, yes, almost forgot the strawberries and cream for dessert.

I was overwhelmed and asked where did he learn all this? He smiled and said matter of factly "from you"! All I can say is WOW!!!
YOU BETTER HAVE A PICTURE LP!! What a wondeful hub!! Have a great dinner/evening LP you deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom