What's for dinner Tuesday, December 6th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where's your champagne to wash it down luvs? :LOL:

Not sure whether it will be clean out the fridge night here or if I will do some chickeny thing. Leaning to chicken at the moment.

You know, I have about 25 minutes before I have to come up with something, and I still have no idea, lol...Chicken does sound pretty good Alix, hmmmm :)

that's good for starters, luvs, but that can't be the whole meal, unles you got the giant tub of caviar and box of crackers at costco. mmmm, caviar in a 55 gallon drum...

i'm making something new; haven't worked out all of the details. i have chicken breasts, that will be pounded thin, and rolled up with ham and muenster cheese, and some sage leaves.
i was thinking of rendering some bacon, or chorizo in evoo, then frying the floured chicken rollups for a minute, draining off the fat, then making a white wine/butter/rosemary sauce, and finishing it in the oven. on the side will be roasted potatoes, and probably a can o' corn.

i'm open to anyone's suggestions on how to better this dish.

buckytom said:
i was thinking of rendering some bacon, or chorizo in evoo, then frying the floured chicken rollups for a minute, draining off the fat, then making a white wine/butter/rosemary sauce, and finishing it in the oven. on the side will be roasted potatoes, and probably a can o' corn.

OK, liking this idea, and I may just scoop it for dinner tonight. I likely will modify and use bread crumbs/parmesan cheese for my coating and just bake them in the oven sans the frying. Do the bacon and make a white wine, alfredoish type of sauce as I have some cream to use up. Sounds yum buckytom!

Sauteed shrimp with scallions, mushrooms, red peppers, and sundried tomatoes, and a sprinkle of parmesan and some garlic, and then I put that on top of spaghetti. The oil that I add while sauteeing make for a good sauce once mixed with all the veggies.

tee-hee, guys, gotta have some caviar in between those days of cold raviolis!:LOL:

Since it is just myself for dinner this week I will probably be eating a lot of breakfast food and soup for dinner. Tonight will be waffles and something else. Haven't decided yet.

I'm feelin ''Italiano''

I am one for cooking dinner early so the house smells good all day long. That's the case for today too. I started with ground beef and meatballs I made and were frozen. I didn't much care for the meatballs, I added something not quite right to them, like orange juice, cumin, corn breading. Too sweet, so now in the worlds largest skillet, is the frozen gb, the frozen mb's, onion, s&p, garlic, 2 strips of fried bacon cut up tiny, 1 T of hard cooked egg yolk crumbled, white wine, and 2 large cans of Pomma Doro (SP) whole tomatoes in juice that I squished until my fingers hurt. It's been cooking about 3 hours now and smells like Tuscany in this house. Over typical spaghetti noodles, with garlic bread and green salad, that'll do 'er for din din. In other words, it's my version of Spaghetti Bolognese.
FYI, I just tested/tasted the sauce, it could not be better. I can't believe how fortunate I am to have succeeded there. Same as the experience someone had with their makeshift gumbo/jambalaya that turned out spectacular for them yesterday. Sheesh, we're on a roll here~!~

texasgirl said:
Some kind of apple pork chops. Don't know how I'm doing it yet.

Lone Star Grill in Cleveland Ohio is located in the Flats; one night I had dinner there. It does 'the' best apple pork chops. All I remember is that they're pretty fat little chops (your order comes with 1) that appear to have been quickly browned on both sides. Then thin complete round slices of peeled apples are put atop of them in a carmel bourbon glaze probably wrapped in foil completely then baked. You get your chop with the baked apples on top, seeping in the nice thick lusious glaze that is piping hot. More of the apples are served along side in a little round ramiken gooey in their sauce. I really loved my meal that night:ROFLMAO: . Sorry I couldn't be of more help:( but you mentioned apples and pork and that came to mind:ohmy: .

Last edited:
A salad topped with some leftover grilled pork loin (and probably crumbled feta). With a raspberry vinaigrette. I think I have some sourdough batard leftover, so I'll have that alongside.

Gonna wash it down with beer, in case you're wondering. :D

--J

OK, change of plans here, we are having farmer's sausage and perohe for dinner by special request of my youngest.

Brickman...LOVE YOUR SIG!

If all goes as planned we're FINALLY gonna put up the tree.
So, I'm just making BLT's for dinner. Fast and easy.

I'm having cold cuts again, something like a club sammy with the works. That figures, I really want to do some cooking but a dead range/oven SEVERELY limits the menu. :angry: Couldn't have happened at a worse time! GRRR! *sigh*

Just easy tonight, I had some of those really thin slices of beef so I'm going to saute them, then grill some onions in evoo and a little butter, shred some lettuce, slice up some tomato, and avocado and put this into a long soft roll, that I've buttered and put under the broiler to get nice and hot and melt some jack cheese..Fries and that's it..Then we're off to see the granddaughters sing in a church school Christmas play...

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom