What's for dinner, Tuesday, Jan. 24th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
The weather's cold, cloudy, and scattered snow showers. I just started a big ol' mess of pinto beans, with ham, onions, a little garlic, thyme, sage, and bay leaves. I brought home about a quart of pork gelatin Sunday from work (we roasted some pork loins), skimmed the fat off, and added that to the pot. It ought to be great with the cornbread I'm going to make later tonight.

I'm going to attempt to make kadesma's Yorkshire pork chops, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes. Maybe I'll try middie's weird combo of mac and cheese with the applesauce.

Last edited:
Very, very windy in our part of Los Angeles. I just put on a pot of pinto beans and seasoned the meat for carne asada tonight. I'll make a green salad and warm some tortillas. And, make lots of orange juice from all the oranges the wind is knocking to the ground.

I'm making a Indonesian soto soup with chicken, lemongrass, galangal, ginger and bean sprouts. When serving I usually add a cooked egg, small pieces potato, crispy fried onions, white rice, green onions and a dressing made from tamarind, chilli and sweet soy sauce. It is a very traditional dish, but I always make it up as I go, to the horror of my Indonesian mother in law, haha "nooo, no lemon grass....."
:LOL:

jbib said:
Very, very windy in our part of Los Angeles. I just put on a pot of pinto beans and seasoned the meat for carne asada tonight. I'll make a green salad and warm some tortillas. And, make lots of orange juice from all the oranges the wind is knocking to the ground.

I hear what you're saying jbib.....
very windy here in the high desert also. I must go outside and make sure my Siberian Huskys are still in the back yard!:brows: Oh and toss me some of your extra oranges please > I finished the last of my mom's 3 yesterday. I'll trade you for her Myer lemons.:dizzy:

I've just finished watching "Floyd on the Med".
http://www.keithfloyd.co.uk/intro.html

So, it'll be browned chicken pieces in o/o, chick peas, cinnamon stick, tomato paste, garlic, onion, lemon juice, cumin, chicken stock, oregano and Paula Deen's house seasoning. Spinach and olive coucous. The last of my tomatoes from the back yard with mozzarella cheese balls (forget what they're called) drizzled in o/o and b/v. Hope DH likes it, as it'll be some work, plus I already know he isn't fond of garbanzo beans but maybe in this dish, he won't notice they're there.:bb:

Last edited:
Cannelloni with ricotta and spinach filling... I haven't made fresh pasta for a while, underestimated the time that takes and now I don't have any time to prepare anything else before I head for the gym... well this is a substantial dish, our cannelloni, we will just have some cheese and fruit to nibble on with it...

It's a toss up between chicken fajitas and
lentil soup. It's still too early to decide.

We are going to heat up some of those premade Chicken Cordon Blu, pasta with garlic and parm, broccoli w/ seasoned salt. If I get home early enough I would like to make some fresh beer bread.

extremesoccermom said:
We are going to heat up some of those premade Chicken Cordon Blu, pasta with garlic and parm, broccoli w/ seasoned salt. If I get home early enough I would like to make some fresh beer bread.

What is your recipe for the beer bread??:mrgreen:

Since it is Madeleine's birthday today, she got to pick. She chose perohe and sausage, and white cake with strawberry sauce for dessert. I was really planning those Mini Eclairs, but she wants everything white. Oh well. I'll make those later in the week.

Aww, Happy Birthday to Madeleine!!
happyted.gif

DH is working late tonight (I doubt he'll be home until at least after 11pm) so I fixed some fried rice (which really has very little oil, and is more cooked in a frying pan than actually fried :mrgreen:) so that I could easily reheat something for him when he gets home. Lol, if I can stay up that long, this ol ' flu is making me one sleepy camper tonight.

It's cold and just the kind of day to make cioppino, I have the sauce going, and have to add the clams,cod,shrimp,crab,scallops, will have some warm homemade french bread and some tossed green salad...dessert just some poppy seed cake with a little lemon curd..vino for DH, iced tea or coffee for me.

kadesma:LOL:

pdswife said:
We decided on soup.
It's a soup kind of day.

A soup kind of day?! I was just wondering if you got a day full of sunshine like we did! It was such a beautiful day, if a little chilly.

I'm having more tamales as I type. I was going to make chocolate cake today but as we were out searching, I never did, so who knows what I will have for dessert...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom