What's for Dinner, Tuesday January 23, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i think i'll bread some chicken tenders and make chicken parm tonight with some of the sauce from a pot of sausages that i made last night.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
We're still trudging through the cacophony of food from the weekend. My (ex)husband was over last night and laughed when he saw all the food in tupperware stacked in there. Said the whole thing was 'sillious'??! He and his ladyfriend are both coming to eat tomorrow to help plow through it.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
vb, have you ever been to the goffle road poultry farm? Home

the sausage i made last night was hot italian chicken sausage from there. it was delicious. made from real hot italian chickens, i guess.
j/k.
it actually was hot and spicy sausage, for once. i don't know how many times i've bought hot sausage that had no spicy heat at all.

the best sweet sausage i've found is from joe's buon apetito in river edge. haven't been there for a long time. i wonder if it's still there.

bethzaring

Master Chef
gonna fix a beef pot roast in my pressure cooker, using a recipe that came with the Fagor cooker, uses lotsa onions, vinegar, garlic, tomato paste, bay, cumin s&p water and sugar. Also calls for allspice but do not have any

mashed potatoes with horseradish, s&p, a bit of butter and sour cream and minced garlic

broccoli in an unknown preparation

NY times bread

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
simple fixings here. French onion soup, pasties, green salad, banana cream pie for dessert.

kadesma

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
buckytom said:
vb, have you ever been to the goffle road poultry farm? Home

the sausage i made last night was hot italian chicken sausage from there. it was delicious. made from real hot italian chickens, i guess.
j/k.
it actually was hot and spicy sausage, for once. i don't know how many times i've bought hot sausage that had no spicy heat at all.

the best sweet sausage i've found is from joe's buon apetito in river edge. haven't been there for a long time. i wonder if it's still there.

I haven't been there in years. There used to be a place in Paramus, Komsa, I think it was called. Closed about 20 years ago:(. I agree, it's difficult to get decent sausage around here.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I'm getting ready to fix a big pot of Chop Suey and serve it over rice. Better get busy as I just now realized DH will be home in another hour.

busyfingers

Assistant Cook
Tonight will be individual homemade beef pot pies, a garden salad, cooked frozen mixed vegetables and for dessert, raspberry yogurt with canned peaches and some left over cookies from Christmas. Later a good cup of green tea.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Leftover football chili (good) from Sunday and tourtiere from last night (so-so).

fresh cornbread to go with the chili or fresh salad to go w/tourtiere.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
We're going out! Yippee! I'm thinking Mexican but it hasn't been decided yet.

bethzaring

Master Chef
well my mashed potatoes turned out terrific. I boiled them until soft then turned off the heat and added chopped frozen broccoli to the pot. They sat like that until DH came home late. I drained the water, added some milk, butter, s&p, a large blob of horseradish and 3 cloves of minced garlic, then mashed with a hand masher. Really good....

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
Made a pork roast in the crock pot with mushroom soup. Mashed potatoes. Had a lettuce salad with Italian dressing. For dessert it was Strawberry and Rhubarb pie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom