What's for dinner, Wed. January 4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I'm making goulash and having leftover chinese chicken from last night. Forgot to bring it for lunch:(

the kids gave me a new crockpot, so I'm making a pot roast with gravey, mashed potatoes, peas with mushrooms, salad and homemade rolls..dessert is Corazons dads khalua chocolate pie :)

kadesma..

Paul wants pasta with a white sauce. So... that's what we'll be having.

kadesma said:
the kids gave me a new crockpot, so I'm making a pot roast with gravey, mashed potatoes, peas with mushrooms, salad and homemade rolls..dessert is Corazons dads khalua chocolate pie :)

kadesma..

Wow, how do you keep the salad cold and the rolls from getting soggy?:LOL:

You will love the pie!!

I got a request from my kids for chicken parmesana, spaghetti, red sauce and salad. Berry/cream cheese filo cups for dessert from my SIL. Mmmmmm

texasgirl said:
Wow, how do you keep the salad cold and the rolls from getting soggy?:LOL:

You will love the pie!!
I have to read the instruction book I guess :ROFLMAO: Ran everything togethere again did I ?:ohmy: I'm sure the pie will be a hit, just reading about it is yummy...

kadesma

Keeping it simple tonight--leftover chili and cornbread. Maybe a salad if we're in the mood. It's cold and damp here and for some reason I always have trouble eating salad when I can't get warm.

kadesma said:

kadesma..

Hey kades.....I just got a new cookbook in the mail yesterday for Slow Cookers. Its the Pillbury Doughboy Slow Cooker Recipes Cookbook. You might want to check it out next time your near a bookstore. Some really great recipes and most sound really simple. I can't wait to try them out.
By the way I love absolutely love pot roast in the cooker......it gets so tender.

I have chicken thighs thawed out. I think I'll go in and throw them in the oven and bake them with rosemary, s & p, evoo and garlic. For the sides sour cream mashed potatoes and green beans with bacon and onions sounds really good. Ok.....I've decided so I guess I better get my rump off this chair and get busy.:LOL:

All I have decided on at the moment is caesar salad. I might make them chicken caesar salad pitas if the mood strikes me.

kadesma said:

kadesma..

yea kadesma! I hope you enjoy it, let me know!
Another day home alone with the kids :eek: and they are exceptionally fussy today. Luckily I was able to throw together some potato leek soup yesterday, so that will be dinner for me.

great

corazon90 said:
yea kadesma! I hope you enjoy it, let me know!
Another day home alone with the kids :eek: and they are exceptionally fussy today. Luckily I was able to throw together some potato leek soup yesterday, so that will be dinner for me.
So far Cade and I say thumbs UP . Hope the boys are better. Little Carson was so fussy today, poor little guy is cutting a second upper incisor, plus hasa cough and runny nose..All he wanted was to snuggle.

kadesma

PA Baker said:
Keeping it simple tonight--leftover chili and cornbread. Maybe a salad if we're in the mood. It's cold and damp here and for some reason I always have trouble eating salad when I can't get warm.

PA, I was going to make chili for dinner with cornbread, but I made such a pig :pig: of myself at lunch (shrimp fajitas, rice, and beans) today I am too full for chili and cornbread. So, I made a chicken broccoli stir-fry over some white rice instead. I will have the chili and cornbread tomorrow.

tonight was takeout from a steak and chops place.
we had charcoal grilled seasoned salt rubbed pork chops, grilled chicken breasts, garlic mashed spuds, and garlic and evoo sauteed broccoli and stringbeans.

Back
Top Bottom