What's for dinner Wednesday, 10-25-17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We're having a country dinner, pulled pork, corn pudding, and long cooking green beans with a ham hock.

I made oven roasted delicata squash rings and mashed potatoes and marinated cuke slices to go along with the svedish meatballs Dx brought in a crock pot. She brought apple crisp too, still warm from the oven. We ate at about 4 pm our time, so maybe another spoonful of apple crisp later?

It wasn't in the thread title, but today is National Greasy Foods Day. I can't imagine who's idea that was.

CD :)

Strange food day...

Saw on FB that our fave grill at the beach is urging patrons to come in, despite the city doing work all around their location..
The grill posted that they would be open Wed-Sun, 9am to 4pm..
So... We ran errands this morning with grilled cheeseburgers and hot dogs making us drool..
Went to the grill and... closed... :glare: :mad:

Went to Carl's Jr and had a burger and hot dog.. :rolleyes:

My facebook will be lit up tonight...

Oh... Scrambled up some eggs with spam and made toast about 3pm...

Shortbread Pumpkin Pie Bars for later..

Ross

It's too dang hot to grill tonight, and we're watching everybody swelter in the super dry heat at Dodger stadium. Go Dodger blue..oh nooo, now I'm caught in the madness.
Tonight we're having wonderful hand made tamales we get at the farmers market. They're really big, and we like both the chicken and pork so we cut them in half and share. I made some of my yummy Ranchero sauce to dress them with some cheese on top. SC made glorified salads.

National Pasta Day

Watch out, Kayelle, you could end up being a baseball viewing fan yet. ;)

I had also seen that Wednesday is/was National Pasta Day, so I obliged. I made spinach and romaine salads topped with roasted pear, crisped prosciutto, toasted walnuts, and feta cheese. Followed that up with penne rigate with escarole and lemon juice (topped with Pecorino Romano), and boneless pork chops simmered with preserved lemon and green olives.

Attachments

• 20171025_223918.jpg
    20171025_223918.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 20171025_223949.jpg
    20171025_223949.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 105
Long day -worked around the pool to get ready for the first frost, removing plants, cutting back the banana tree - gave up and ordered pizza.

We had a roasted turkey breast stuffed with spinach, goat cheese, and fresh herbs. For the starch, I cheated and used leftover Chinese food - I had noodles and TB had rice. For the "veggie," TB had fresh pineapple and I had cucumber and raw carrots.

Definitely not parings you would find in a 5-star restaurant but we were happy! :)

We had potatoes, onions, and kielbasa for both lunch and supper. That's what the mamma wanted. I had a salad and some pumpkin bread with mine for dessert.

We had a roasted turkey breast stuffed with spinach, goat cheese, and fresh herbs. For the starch, I cheated and used leftover Chinese food - I had noodles and TB had rice. For the "veggie," TB had fresh pineapple and I had cucumber and raw carrots.

Definitely not parings you would find in a 5-star restaurant but we were happy! :)

I forgot to add that the turkey breast was wrapped in bacon to add more flavour and moisture (via fat). :pig:

Porterhouse steak (DD took the filet side), corn on the cob and Knorr's rice & pasta side.

porterhouse_corn_102517_IMG_3324.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom