What's for dinner Wednesday, 9-27-06?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
I'm making Thai Chicken and Jasmine rice. There's a peach pound cake in the oven now, and it smells so good.

we are having chicken on the grill, red beans and rice, and different
types of allmost all gone frozen vegies. think i might make some
corn bread too.

do you fry the peppers after you stuff them? love poblano peppers?

i have a hard time stuffing them seems i always tear them and everything
oozzes out when i fry them.

rickell said:
do you fry the peppers after you stuff them? love poblano peppers?

No, I don't fry them. They are cooked for 5 minutes in boiling water then drained well before they're stuffed. I do the same thing with bell peppers when I stuff them. Works very well and, especially with bell peppers, they don't get cooked to death in the oven. Just enough to heat the stuffing thoroughly. The peppers are nicely al dente, which is what my husband and I both like.

my boss just gave me a couple of bluefish filets that he caught last night, so i think i'll soak them in milk, then either grill or broil them.

i've never made bluefish before. how long should i let the filets soak to remove the oily/fishy flavor?

Clueless, but might be breakfast - Hash browns, bacon, eggs and toast ! Rainy and cloudy -- Wanna bake something sweet ! :-p Have a great evening all !!

My husband and I caught a lot of blue fish on the Outer Banks and never noticed an oily or fishy characteristic about them. One of our favorite ways to prepare them was to dip them in beaten egg and then in seasoned cornmeal. Fry lightly in oil until crisp. Quite good.

WELL since i have been pregnant I crave spaghetti all the time so for dinner
we are having spaghetti :)

Tonight we're having, I guess what you would call an open faced sandwich. First I'll layer the bread with pesto and sprinkle some pine nuts on it, then I'll add sliced avocado and tomato, put on one piece of prosciutto, and then add sliced cheddar cheese on top. I'll stick it in the oven on broil until the cheese melts and eat it up. It's so super easy and good. I don't always make it with the prosciutto though, we just have some left over and I thought I'd use it up tonight.

Katie E said:
My husband and I caught a lot of blue fish on the Outer Banks and never noticed an oily or fishy characteristic about them. One of our favorite ways to prepare them was to dip them in beaten egg and then in seasoned cornmeal. Fry lightly in oil until crisp. Quite good.

Clarification on the bluefish. Little ones (under 12 inches) are yummy. Big ones (up to 24 inches) can get nasty. The bigger the bluefish, the oilier it is. If you have a really huge one, feed it to the cat. Hope this helps,
Buck (Katie E.'s husband)

I haven't been getting home until 7 this week, so I think I will grab one of those frozen green giant meals and crash.

dinner tonite

We're having romaine/tomato/onion salad. Chili out of the freezer topped with lettuce and cheddar cheese and corn bread....have some left over peach/blueberry crisp for dessert if my Mister wants some....:rolleyes:

Made a pot of chili tonight, and some baked russets. We put the chili on top of the potatoes and then add cheddar.

we are in the process of removing the skirting and things from my mother's mobile home so dinner will be just some clam chowder and tuna mixed with green onions,sliced pepperoncini's, celery,lettuce, mayo on toasted 3 seed bread. Both of us are beat and not very much in the mood to cook or eat.

kadesma

Kadesma, I'm so glad you are having a simple meal since I'm posting right behind you. We had pizza and salad. We are doing everything as simply as possible since we will be going to my mother's on Friday. Dh is building her a ramp out the back door for her scooter (or whatever they call them). She is turning 89 in December and having trouble with her balance and still likes her beautiful back yard.

Last edited:
No need to cook dinner tonight or tomorrow either.
It's been an easy cooking week for me.

licia said:
Kadesma, I'm so glad you are having a simple meal since I'm posting right behind you. We had pizza and salad. We are doing everything as simply as possible since we will be going to my mother's on Friday. Dh is building her a ramp out the back door for her scooter (or whatever they call them). She is turning 89 in December and having trouble with her balance and still likes her beautiful back yard.
licia,
I just had to do something easy, the last couple of weeks have been a roayl pain...DH and I just looked at each other when the babies left this afternoon, and for once I was happy to not have to cook for everyone or wait for them to come back to eat ..We just decided to not do much..We thought about going out, but neither of us feels like it and I look like a mess, so, it's easy lazy tonight.. I hope the ramp opens up a whole new outside world for her licia, getting outside is so important and makes ya feel alive... Next time you see her, slip her a hug for me when she doesn't expect it.May tomorrow make us all smile.
kadesma

Husband was late, chores were late, & then we had to go thru a somewhat Twilight Zone episode involving pilling a cat - lol!! So dinner was nothing special & we just now finished.

Just some Turkey Kielbasa with fresh buttered green beans & halved, boiled, & buttered baby fingerling potatoes.

thanks buck and kte. :chef:

my boss said he normally releases blues, but this one was particularly beautiful. it had shiny irridescent colors and deep blue markings.

so i'm gonna eat it. :)

it was around 25" or so, i think. a good sized fish.

i may try the cornmeal fry with one filet. i have a recipe that i may try with the other half, which the filet is soaked in milk, then poached and flaked and mixed with mayo. sort of like tuna salad, but i guess it'd be bluefish salad.

Back
Top Bottom