What's for Dinner, Wednesday, August 13, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Well, we're having a real treat. I got 2 thick slices of German bologna and will be making fried bologna sandwiches tonight! YUM!!!!

I'm hoping to have grilled pizza and salad, but if it's storming this afternoon, like it's supposed to (scattered - may or may not be over us), it'll be baked pizza.

Nothing sounds good at the moment as I just had 4 nachos mas elegantes at Taco Diner. I'm soooo stuffed! Need nap!!! I'm sure that will subside here in about an hour and I will be hungry again!

I have some pork chops in the fridge but not sure what I'm going to do with them. We had BBQ ribs last night so I don't want to BBQ them. I don't want to fry them because I've decided today is the day to get back on track of eating more healthy.

Any healthy version suggestions?

Don’t really have any idea yet but one thing I think is a safe guess, it’ll be something very GREEN
Sent dh to work with tuna steak, scalloped pots, baked/fried apples.
Dinner tonight will have to be something entirely different.
Guess I’d better scrounge the freezers to see what’s in there.
NL’s Pea Pesto soup is green and last nights pesto is ready to go as I made a truckload of it, have to use up my herbs while I still have them coming up. That’s a good idea for me, not sure if it’d be okay for him, he’s a picky poo sometimes.
Another kitchen sink salad sounds good again tonight too.
He does love those, with beets, hard eggs, walnuts, scallions, bacon etc.
Dessert won’t be the ''no bakes'' I did yesterday, he did not like them at all.
Said it was okay for me to flub once in a while.

So, just thinking about it, I’ll make GRK’s banana oatmeal cookies.

I don't know. I was suppose to have a date tonight and he canceled. Guess I'm having humble pie :( I'll cook something after I'm done fuming lol

I have some pork chops in the fridge but not sure what I'm going to do with them. We had BBQ ribs last night so I don't want to BBQ them. I don't want to fry them because I've decided today is the day to get back on track of eating more healthy.

Any healthy version suggestions?

If you want to grill or broil them, sprinkle them with S&P, mix a few tbsp. of Dijon mustard with 1/2 tsp. or so of thyme and spread on the chops. Grill or broil till done. Simple and healthy :)

Well, we're having a real treat. I got 2 thick slices of German bologna and will be making fried bologna sandwiches tonight! YUM!!!!

YUM is right. I have not had that in years! I'll bring the tomato soup to go with the sandwiches. That combo used to be my favorite lunch when I was in grade school.

What times dinner? ;)

I was plannig fried ham, eggs over-easy, homefries, and toast.

I was reading a bunch of meatloaf threads and realized I'd haven't made meatloaf in a long time. I went to the store and got the fixins. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, plus ice cold watermelon for dessert tonight, and meatloaf sangwiches on no knead bread tomorrow. I can't wait. :)

I was reading a bunch of meatloaf threads and realized I'd haven't made meatloaf in a long time. I went to the store and got the fixins. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, plus ice cold watermelon for dessert tonight, and meatloaf sangwiches on no knead bread tomorrow. I can't wait. :)
which one did you decide on?

After the summer on a plate thread, I headed out to the farmer's market and got some sweet corn, tomatoes and watermelon. I grilled some hot dogs, cooked the corn, sliced the tomatoes and cubed the melon. It was really good!

which one did you decide on?

I'm going with a plain, or classic style meatloaf. Ground beef, oats, garlic, onions, egg, worcestershire sauce, ketchup or possibly bbq sauce. I've always loved bell peppers but I can't eat them anymore because they give me terrible indigestion. It's funny, I can eat jalapenos, habaneros, or any hot chilis, but not bell peppers. :(

I made chicken fried steak again. It was better than the first time I made it last week :)

Attachments

• chick steak aug 13.jpg
    chick steak aug 13.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 166

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom