What's for dinner, Wednesday, July 15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Rusty Pelican salad, a restaurant in Key Biscayne, Florida, shrimp, tomatoes, mushrooms, HB eggs, chives, and a house honey mustard dressing. It was the house salad prepared tableside in the 1970s.

Attachments

• 2020-07-15 17.33.19.jpg
    2020-07-15 17.33.19.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 74
Dinner tonight, there are choices, and, it's make your own.

Hard shell tacos, soft shell tacos, burritos, or taco salad. Bite size tostitos chips. Toppings: sour cream, salsa and guacamole Special on avocados, sliced or diced, very ripe and ready.

I'm having a burrito and one hard shell taco. extra avocado and sliced tomatoes on the side.

I'm happily making chef's salads most evenings these days.
I guess you could call our supper a chef's salad.

Supper was a salad with chicken and a locally made, fresh buffalo mozzarella. There was also whole grain baguette and some EVOO with balsamic vinegar to dip the bread in. We also tried a new rosé. While the buffalo moz was good, we didn't think it was particularly tasty or interesting. The rosé was also good, but not as good as the one we usually get. All told, the supper was good, but not special.

The little plate at the front with the dark blob is the EVOO with balsamic.

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_180357.jpg
    IMG_20200715_180357.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20200715_180829.jpg
    IMG_20200715_180829.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 60
We had breakfast. Ham, scrambled eggs with Spice House Lake Shore Drive seasoning and Tillamook cheddar cheese, apple-raisin bread, and fruit salad (cherries, nectarine, and cara cara orange).

IMG_20200715_195828019_HDR.jpg

I wanted to try the pickled cilantro again. Plus, I had six okra that I had picked and lettuce that is almost ready to bolt. So I made a vegetable beef soup with cilantro, parsley, salt, pepper, hot shot, and a squeeze of lime along with salads. I also had cornbread, but think another kind of bread might have been better.

Attachments

• 2020-07-15 17.46.44.jpg
    2020-07-15 17.46.44.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 61
I had a low-intensity but constant headache today, so zero spoons for cooking. We ordered pizza from our local pizza shop tonight. Delicious, as always.

(((Hugs))) I know the feeling. It's really nice to be able to order food. It doesn't hurt to know that one is supporting local small biz by doing so.

I agree about supporting our Hozy's curb side service. In the last two weeks we've ordered from them 6 times. We've loved everything, and I've enjoyed the kitchen break.
Last night we made dinner from sharing two of their appetizers. Yummm.
Kendal Jackson Chardonnay was the perfect pairing.

Mini Steak Empanadas... this was very tasty.
Mini empanadas filled with rib eye steak, queso fresco, onions, chipotle and cilantro, served with guacamole and
two sauces
Burrata e Prosciutto..... this was outstanding..
Creamy fresh mozzarella paired with hot house tomatoes,
Belgian endive, Prosciutto di Parma and toasted pine
nuts dressed with basil infused extra virgin olive oil

Attachments

• P7150037.jpg
    P7150037.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom