What's for dinner, Wednesday, Last day of January 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flourgirl said:
What's funky pickle pizza?? My head is filled with images of pickles on a pizza, but I might be wrong.

Funky Pickle is the name of the Pizzaria.(sp?) They specialize in unusual combinations of flavours on their pizzas and are very popular in town here. Since we will be feeding some non adventurous palates (the kids!) we will just have a regular old meat and cheese pizza.

Today we are celebrating my mother in laws birthday - I am making bbq baby back ribs, twice baked potato casserole, french green beans and leftover homemade bread from yesterday. Her bday cake is a bundt in the shape of a castle - butterscotch streusel with a bourbon butter glaze. The middle of the bundt will be filled with scoops of ice cream (vanilla, her favorite) and I think I may spread some brown sugar around the base of the cake to look like sand.

Salmon Bake w/ Pecan Crunch and Mustard Sauce (recipe posted under seafood) and roasted new potatoes and asparagus.

YT2095 said:
Wow, a Month gone already! doesn`t seem 5 mins since New Years *sigh*

YT, I was thinking that today, too! It seems to go by even faster now that we have a little one!

DH is working late again, and Sofie had me up for over 3 hours in the wee-hours of the night last night (not upset, not ready to play, just awake and not ready to sleep!:wacko: ), so my parents took pitty on us and took "their girls" out for dinner. It was a much-needed break!

Katie E said:
See if the gravy/sauce in this recipe is what you are looking for: Recipes : Pepper Crusted Tenderloin with Mushroom Cream and Roast Asparagus : Food Network.

Sounds good.

Thanks, Katie E,

This recipe was quite similar only Rachel Ray had garlic and onions in hers-----we ended up having to go out as my family had stuff going on in a million different directions and we were exhausted at the end of the day--but those steaks and gravy are going to usher in the new month of Feb tomorrow night---many thanks for your consideration!--it was very much appreciated!!!!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom