What's For Dinner Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flourgirl

Senior Cook
I'm making shredded chicken and pepper jack quesadillas with homemade guacamole and tomato salsa. Red rice and black beans on the side.

Anyone else cooking tonight?

Flourgirl, that sounds really good!

We're having balsamic grilled chicken, asparagus that I'll lightly steam and then sautee with some garlic and red pepper flakes and brown rice.

Oh dear, well, I snacked today. We had a couple of spring rolls left from yesterday, and some insalata russa, and I'm stuffed. I didn't plan on eating them, just somehow happened too. Problem is DH! I'm going to make a lemon, garlic and rocket risotto for him and try not to think about spring rolls :(

I am making a spinache pie..."very easy". It's a recipe someone shared with me once.

I'm also going to serve it with buffalo wings. Just a small package between my DH and me. I actually baked the wings "party wings there called" yesterday and there marinating in my brothers special buffalo sauce. I will just need to broil them 5 minutes on each side about for them to be done.

In addition, I'm thinking about making a VERY small bowl of creamy appetizer mushrooms that I make. Another kudos I have to give my brother who taught me how to make them a couple years ago. I have a very small amount of mushrooms left. Plus I have one avocado and would like to use it up so thinking mini dip with avocado, salsa, mayo, chili powder and salt and pepper. I have tortilla chips in the house.

We didn't get around to eating dinner last night so... we're having the lamb burgers tonight.

I have two slices of leftover pizza; a romaine salad with shredded Mexcian Four cheeses, Caesar salad croutons and honey dijon dressing; and a small slice of apple cranberry cheesecake for lunch. Salad for supper again, I guess, but I have these two really fat chicken breasts that I thawed out the other day that absolutely HAVE to be cooked tonight, so perhaps I'll marinate them in orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut oil, oyster sauce, brown sugar, white pepper, garlic, onion, chili peppers, minced ginger, and salt, or in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, tomato paste, brown sugar, Chili Garlic sauce, grated ginger, and five-spice powder, cook them up on my new barbeque grill, and make a Chinese chicken salad!

Oh, reminder to myself: Stop on the way home and get milk and a new bag of lettuce.

Going out to eat tonight. Not sure where yet. About 3 weeks ago my DH said that we should eat out at least once a week. I said , hey, OK by me!:)

We had sechouan chicken with soy sprouts and rice. And for desserts, ricotta-almond-rasperry cupcakes. yumy!

Still not sure - 'home alone' - son is working, and dh is at our 5th wheel 90 miles away ! It will be either pizza or grilled burgers and sweet corn again, (it was so good last night), and have some burger left that needs to be cooked.

It was burgers and sweet corn ! Yum

Last edited:
A girlfriend is in town from Las Vegas and she and I are going out for dinner. I am in the mood for steak and lobster but we have to decide what type of food we are both in the mood for.

In between rainstorms, I grilled pork tenderloins seasoned with Montreal Steak seasong, and grilled asparagus.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom