What's for Supper, Tuesday, May 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got some Kielbasa in the freezer that's been calling out to me the last couple of days. Maybe I'll set it free! Not sure what I'm gonna have with it. Maybe potatoes or maybe rice.

leftover stuffed shells...I will never again pre-boil any pasta, the shells turned out fully cooked but a little toothfulsum (?!)...with sauted asparagus, a few potato chips and fresh bread

we are having Cheeseburgers with corn on the cobb and little red potatoes in foil packets on the grill.

Are ya gonna do the corn on the grill, too? That is good eats on the grill!

Gotta love the grill. What beer ya drink'n tonight Mamma?;):) Can't grill unless ya gotta beer in your hand.:LOL:

Sounds great!

I'm hoping that DH will pick up ground beef on his way home at 3:00 so I can make my oriental meatballs today. I will serve them with rice.

Kielbasa is great with potatoes, and I like it with cabbage! I have put the three in a foil-lined pan and baked for about 45 min @ 375.

VB, I make a skillet dish that has diagonally cut slices of kielbasa and 1/4 inch thick slices of potatoes, onions, salt and pepper and that's about it. I have also added some red pepper strips as well.

I have a pork butt half I've rubbed and have sitting in the fridge. I'm going to roast it for dinner. Probably a tossed salad on the side.

Kielbasa is great with potatoes, and I like it with cabbage! I have put the three in a foil-lined pan and baked for about 45 min @ 375.

I am leaning towards the potatoes and I usually do have cabbage with it, but I didn't have any and couldn't get to the store, so I'll probably have roasted brussels sprouts instead. I just love cabbage with lotsa butter, s&p! YUM!!!

Birthday girl says she wants french onion soup tonight so thats what we're having. Good call as it SNOWED all over us today. ICK.

My best friend made guacamole for us to all have on Sunday. They were all sick, so we ended up not having it, and she made it today. She is the only one in the family who likes it, so she sent it home with us today. So we will be having guacamole burgers. Yum!!

:)Barbara

Birthday girl says she wants french onion soup tonight so thats what we're having. Good call as it SNOWED all over us today. ICK.
Happy Sweet 16 to your daughter! I love french onion soup... with croutons and cheese! :)

coming back to add.... I remember for my 16th birthday, I had chicken cordon bleu.

Last edited:
Hmmm ... I think that DC psychic connection is at it again.. I made mini-kielbasa, steamed cabbage, saurkraut pierogi, mashed potatoes, and salad.

I made killer drumsticks last week. Brined them in lo-fat buttermilk and then rolled them in seasoned (chipotle powder, garlic, salt & pepper) panko, then just baked them at high heat on a rack in the oven. But tonight it's Choucroute Garnie with pork spareribs, garlic sausage, saurkraut and potatoes.

That sounds like a great way to cook them. How big do you chunck them and do you chunk the kielbasa also or bake it whole?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom