What's in your refrigerator door?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the grocery today, I found some of the Maggi sauce that MsM has in her fridge door. I like it a lot, used some on my steak tonight. Drat, now I have to find a hole in one of the shelves to store it. Ahhh Haaaaa........combining mustard jars to make room. :-p

At the grocery today, I found some of the Maggi sauce that MsM has in her fridge door. I like it a lot, used some on my steak tonight. Drat, now I have to find a hole in one of the shelves to store it. Ahhh Haaaaa........combining mustard jars to make room. :-p
Thats how we got hooked on Maggi!! A favorite steak house puts it on their sizzling steaks and just about everything. I love it!! I put a small amount in my salad dressing and I put it in my steak dipping sauce also. Glad you like it.

Fish sauce, dill sauce, herring in wine sauce, duck sauce, Everything else is pretty normal.

During the Holiday onslaught of family visitors, my vegan daughter left some Thai Red Curry Paste and my other daughter left 5 beerbottles of Pumpkin Ale she thought was "cool" and bought for her boyfriend...none of us drink beer so there it still is...minus one he tasted.

Thanks for this thread, kayelle, or I never would've known half of what's there :rolleyes:

I still have Lemon Curd on my refrigerator door from Trader Joe's...a little goes a long way and I can't think of what to do with it other than spread it on toast. I did stick some in aebleskivers at christmastime. that was good.

Calamansi -soy sauce (that lime and soy combo is great).
And the two "must haves" for Chicken Adobo are Datu Puti brand "plain" soy sauce and coconut vinegar. I also have Marionberry-chipotle sauce, plain chipotle, both green & red tabasco, a few kinds of horseradish and three kinds of mustard. Other condiments go to the back of a regular shelf in the pantry refrig.

During the Holiday onslaught of family visitors, my vegan daughter left some Thai Red Curry Paste and my other daughter left 5 beerbottles of Pumpkin Ale she thought was "cool" and bought for her boyfriend...none of us drink beer so there it still is...minus one he tasted.

Thanks for this thread, kayelle, or I never would've known half of what's there :rolleyes:

I still have Lemon Curd on my refrigerator door from Trader Joe's...a little goes a long way and I can't think of what to do with it other than spread it on toast. I did stick some in aebleskivers at christmastime. that was good.

Spread on French Toast...wonderful. Stir into some thawed blueberries and put on top of angel food or short cakes.

I have a bottle of Ice wine, a bottle of cranberry wine, a bottle of Verdi, soy sauce, dressings, vingegars, bbq Sauce, about 10 pounds of butter, Mustard, Ketchup, Franks Red Hot, Lemons, Maple Syrup, and Hickory Syrup.

Australian Tomato Ketchup for Grown Ups. That is the actual name on the bottle.

"I still have Lemon Curd on my refrigerator door from Trader Joe's...a little goes a long way and I can't think of what to do with it other than spread it on toast. I did stick some in aebleskivers at christmastime. that was good. "

Idea for your leftover lemon curd...
Roll out Grands biscuits flat and spread with cream cheese and a little sugar whipped together. add a bit of lemon curd in the center. Bake and enjoy your quick breakfast pastry! You can also use jelly, but I think the lemon curd is the best!

How do you use just a little?

This is the newest thing in my door.
View attachment 9687

And it's supposed to last a good long time, too, which is good.

I love this stuff, but I allways use the whole jar at once.The kind I buy is like concrete with a little liquid on top.It also has an aluminum seal that you have to pry off with a butter knife.How long does it last after you break the seal?Just wondering it really is some good stuff.

"I still have Lemon Curd on my refrigerator door from Trader Joe's...a little goes a long way and I can't think of what to do with it other than spread it on toast. I did stick some in aebleskivers at christmastime. that was good. "!
I just love the things I learn at DC. I had to look up aebleskivers and then I had to look up glogg because apparently it is tradtionally served with aebleskivers. Who knew!

Four piping bags with various colours of buttercream; 2 1-liter cartons of whipping cream waiting to become ganache and truffles; the usual suspects of sauces and spreads; a jar of vanilla paste; a bottle of liquid kelp; bags of black sesame seeds, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds and raw sunflower seeds; and, several dozen packages of ketchup, soy sauce, plum sauce, etc. from local fast food restaurants!

I just took a sheepish peek at mine...not as bad as I originally thought...garlic bulbs, jar of chopped garlic, horseradish, butter, & margarine sitcks, cream cheese-regular, plus 2 kinds of flavored, dressings(italian, ranch, & baslmaic vinigarette), bacon fat cup, baby dills, capers, yogurt, &, a delicious jar of sesame/ginger Japanese salad dressing!...plus, a jar of green olives! It all sounds like "yum" to me..if I can plan appropriately enough!!

two kinds of Miso, Hot sauce, egg and dairy free mayo, a bottle of homemade thousand island dressing, yeast, sweet and sour sauce, chili sauce

This is the newest thing in my door.
View attachment 9687

And it's supposed to last a good long time, too, which is good.

I love this stuff, but I allways use the whole jar at once.The kind I buy is like concrete with a little liquid on top.It also has an aluminum seal that you have to pry off with a butter knife.How long does it last after you break the seal?Just wondering it really is some good stuff.

From what I have read it's supposed to last well over a year. You are supposed to leave that oil on top when you "spoon" some out.
And yeah, it's not easy spooning some out, lol. I also read that in Mexico they use the jars as glasses, which is why it's not threaded to accept the top back on. I've got plastic wrap on mine as it sits in my refrigerator door.

I don't use nearly as much as you. I've used it twice and have only taken about 3 TBS out. mixing it 1:4 with chicken broth. Yum...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom