What's on your plate Thursday, 3-23-2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pulled pork from the freezer and a copycat recipe for a potato salad from a BBQ joint outside of Dallas, Lockhart's. The potato salad was made yesterday since it was supposed to sit overnight.20230323_173512.jpg

Our dinner for tomorrow night is already done. It just has to be reheated.

I nibbled grapes, tangerines tonight because I had a HUGE bowl of soup for lunch.
20230323_125627.jpg
I made one of those ramen soups, chicken flavour. Used 3 cups of water (instead of the normal 2) to which along with the noodles I added mushrooms, snow peas, napa cabbage, shrimp.
In the bottom of the soup bowl I put some sesame oil, soy sauce, black vinegar, minced garlic, chili oil. Then I poured the soup on top.
and I ate it all! Have I mentioned I'm a glutton and have no will power?

I made a roasting pan full of veggies, chicken, and merguez sausage. I started getting a migraine aura while I was cutting up the veggies. I wasn't sure if it was just the minor flashes I sometimes get or if it was going to be a full fledged migraine. I also got the stupid, so I cut up too much veg. The veggies were: carrots, fartichokes, fingerling potatoes, celeriac, onion, a couple of shallots, one large garlic clove, and three large mushrooms. I tossed the veggies with some homemade vinaigrette and went back upstairs, where it became obvious that it actually was a migraine.

Closer to supper time, I went downstairs and put the veggies in a large Pyrex roasting pan. I put a couple of chicken breasts, and a chicken leg in with the veggies. I sprinkled a bit of hot, smoked paprika over everything. Then I put a string of four merguez sausages on top of that and shoved it in the oven. 50 minutes later, the meat was done, according to my Thermapen, but the potatoes weren't and the carrots and fartichokes were still a bit crunchy. I guess it takes a lot longer when the roasting pan is really full. The garlic was cooked enough to lose its garlic pungency, but not enough to achieve that lovely roasted flavour and texture. There was plenty to eat that was fully cooked and tasted good. I was hoping for leftovers and got them. I think I did pretty well for doing that with a migraine and the stupid. Oh, and then I had to fight with my phone to try to take pix. I got one. By the time food was on the table, the phone had run out of power. I took pix with my tablet, so they are not as good as my usual, mediocre, food photography.

Attachments

• Chicken, Merguez, and veggies, roasted in the oven 2.jpg
    Chicken, Merguez, and veggies, roasted in the oven 2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Chicken, Merguez, and veggies, roasted in the oven cropped.jpg
    Chicken, Merguez, and veggies, roasted in the oven cropped.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Chicken, Merguez, and veggies, roasted in the oven.jpg
    Chicken, Merguez, and veggies, roasted in the oven.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I made a roasting pan full of veggies, chicken, and merguez sausage. I started getting a migraine aura while I was cutting up the veggies. I wasn't sure if it was just the minor flashes I sometimes get or if it was going to be a full fledged migraine. I also got the stupid, so I cut up too much veg. The veggies were: carrots, fartichokes, fingerling potatoes, celeriac, onion, a couple of shallots, one large garlic clove, and three large mushrooms. I tossed the veggies with some homemade vinaigrette and went back upstairs, where it became obvious that it actually was a migraine.

Closer to supper time, I went downstairs and put the veggies in a large Pyrex roasting pan. I put a couple of chicken breasts, and a chicken leg in with the veggies. I sprinkled a bit of hot, smoked paprika over everything. Then I put a string of four merguez sausages on top of that and shoved it in the oven. 50 minutes later, the meat was done, according to my Thermapen, but the potatoes weren't and the carrots and fartichokes were still a bit crunchy. I guess it takes a lot longer when the roasting pan is really full. The garlic was cooked enough to lose its garlic pungency, but not enough to achieve that lovely roasted flavour and texture. There was plenty to eat that was fully cooked and tasted good. I was hoping for leftovers and got them. I think I did pretty well for doing that with a migraine and the stupid. Oh, and then I had to fight with my phone to try to take pix. I got one. By the time food was on the table, the phone had run out of power. I took pix with my tablet, so they are not as good as my usual, mediocre, food photography.
It looks very good! Hope you are feeling better!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom