What's on your plate Tuesday August 25, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I went food shopping this morning.

Brunch was sirloin steak, homemade mac salad and watermelon.

sirloin_steak_082520_IMG_7108.jpg

This morning I made a Tomato Basil Risotto, binged on almost half of it - think I'm probably good for now. Tomatoes and basil from the garden.

But in case I'm not, I got a huge bag of onions on sale and made some caramelized onions this afternoon. I could have some with a poached chicken breast I did the other day...

Meat Loaf, Roasted Yukons seasoned with Paprika and Garlic Powder, S & P,
Steamed Sprouts & Boiled Radishes, Salad w/ Catalina French Dressing...

Meat Loaf Plated.jpg

Beer brined grilled pork chops, Lighthouse Potatoes (first time, OMG), peas and carrots.

Attachments

• 2020-08-25 18.20.22.jpg
    2020-08-25 18.20.22.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 63
I took a couple of pork chops out of the freezer for tonight's dinner. Apparently, I was feeling thin when I sliced these two chops because they are on the slim side. I think I'll sear them quickly in a super hot skillet so they don't dry out. Salads and some T-Tots for me and l/o potato salad for SO.

Waay too hot for cooking either inside or out. Hopped on my bike (mistake, I said it was hot!) and up to the store. Bought some fried chicken pieces, cole slaw, tater salad and deli pickle beets.

I tried out a recipe for "Easy Lo Mein" a couple of weeks ago and it has promise. I tried again with some tweaks. This is no longer lo mein, but it is lo mein inspired. I add some meat - leftover grilled burgers, chopped up. It was pretty good. I'll be tweaking this some more.

Attachments

• IMG_20200825_185511.jpg
    IMG_20200825_185511.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 52
We had garden salads and Naan bread pizzas. Himself's toppings were ham, pepperoni, onions, and mushrooms. Mine was a Hawaiian pizza with ham, pineapple, sliced almonds, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. You haters can hate, but I love it! [emoji38]

IMG_20200825_210814988.jpg

I had a nice fat and juicy cheeseburger with homemade Mac salad.

Back
Top Bottom