What's our Favorite Ice Cream Treat"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
What's your favorite ice cream treat? This can be anything made with ice cream, baked Alaska, a Sunday, banana split, shake, malt, float, ice cream cake, whatever, and what flavor?

As a child, it was a Dairy Queen banana split, followed by a butterscotch coated triple cone. As "i grew older, I began to love pistachio, butter pecan, and maple-nut tub ice cream in a sweet, crunchy waffle cone. Then, I was introduced to strawberry cheesecake ice cream cones. But after all is said and done, with the myriad offerings out thee, my go-to favorite is a homemade strawberry malted milk, made with high quality vanilla ice cream, macerated fresh strawberries, malted milk powder, and milk. It has to be tick, blended enough to be creamy smooth, and sucked through a straw, and cold enough to give you the dreaded ice cream headache.

So what's you favorite?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm a vanilla girl. Don't care what the treat is, as long as it's made with vanilla ice cream. Vanilla bean, French vanilla, regular vanilla, doesn't matter. I love vanilla shakes and sundaes with whatever topping I'm in the mood for. Sometimes fudge, but I also love strawberry sundaes.

We enjoy ice cream and frequently drop into local shops as a treat.

My personal favorite is an old fashioned banana split, although I no longer eat that much at a time.

Jeannie tends to enjoy a hot fudge sundae, most often.

Ross

Milk chocolate/coconut ice cream… sadly it is nonexistent these days, but maybe it is time to give it a shot at home. Any suggestions?

TL;dr
Back when I lived in Santa Monica, there was a parlor on Montana avenue a few blocks from my apartment. It was owned by a big ol’ friendly Dutch guy who made ALL his own ice cream (even cooked and wrapped fresh waffle cones on the spot).

Without a doubt my favorite was a lite (milk) chocolate laced with a perfect balance of coconut flavor (no flakes), and little blobs of caramel texture dark chocolate. Can’t remember if he called it “German Chocolate Cake” ice cream or that’s just kinda what it reminded me of.

My "go to" is a good quality vanilla. There is a local brand that makes really good vanilla/vanilla bean ice cream and I always have at least one quart in the house.

My own recipe for vanilla is also pretty good but I have to want to make it.

A while ago I saw a recipe on seriouseats.com for pineapple ice cream that I am really hooked on. It's outstanding!

They stopped making my very favorite Ice Cream Treat a couple of years back. It was a Rollo Ice Cream CONE. You can still find other items that use the Rollo name, but they are not the cone. Sigh.

a8b807bbe20a07891d755d258f682f6c.png

I don’t remember the brand name, but there is a raspberry ice with little chocolate cups filled with raspberry. My favorite ice cream combo, raspberry and chocolate.

Banana split, by far! I like the standard banana split with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream and chocolate, strawberry and pineapple toppings.

When we were kids, we'd go for Sunday drives in the country and my father discovered this dairy with an ice cream outlet in front in Batavia, NY. Their banana splits didn't come in a typical boat, they came in a bucket, like fried chicken. Because it was a dairy, it was cheaper than a normal banana split at Baskin-Robins. And because we were kids, we always ate the whole thing!

Soft vanilla , Cherry Garcia on a waffle cone ( had it a few days ago), those strawberry shortcake, chocolate eclair or taste almond bars you get from the ice cream man. Min chocolate chip, black raspberry sherbet. I once had a breyers peanut butter ice cream that was crazy good, only had it once but still fondly remember it .

Banana split, by far! I like the standard banana split with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream and chocolate, strawberry and pineapple toppings.

When we were kids, we'd go for Sunday drives in the country and my father discovered this dairy with an ice cream outlet in front in Batavia, NY. Their banana splits didn't come in a typical boat, they came in a bucket, like fried chicken. Because it was a dairy, it was cheaper than a normal banana split at Baskin-Robins. And because we were kids, we always ate the whole thing!

Up in Bellingham, WA, there's a local dairy that has its own retail store. They sell their standard dairy products and have an ice cream counter too. Scoops, cones, sundaes, milk shakes...oh, so good! They are the #1 reason I do NOT want to move the Bellingham! I would be there every day! :ohmy:

When I was a kid, I loved the Brownie Sundae from Dairy Queen :yum: I would get the chocolate eclair from the ice cream truck and I enjoyed butter pecan, my mom's favorite. For a while, Kroger carried a bourbon butter pecan that was delicious, but they've discontinued it. DH found something called Denali[emoji2400] Chocolate Peanut Butter Moose Tracks[emoji2400] Ice Cream that we both love - chocolate ice cream with peanut butter bits and swirls of chocolate fudge. Mmmmm. I like mine with whipped cream.

I used to love the Hot Fudge Cream Puff from Sanders in Detroit.
A big scoop of French Vanilla inside a split cream puff. Put the top on, and smother in Sanders Milk Chocolate Fudge. Whipped Cream, of course. It was a classic.

Sanders Fudge is actually a milk chocolate-caramel fudge. You can make a close facsimile by melting kraft caramels with a little milk, stir in some hershey bars, then add heavy cream and vanilla.

...DH found something called Denali[emoji2400] Chocolate Peanut Butter Moose Tracks[emoji2400] Ice Cream that we both love - chocolate ice cream with peanut butter bits and swirls of chocolate fudge...
I love Denali Bear Claw ice cream: dark chocolate ice cream, chocolate covered cashews, and a caramel ribbon blended throughout. *groan!* No one around here offers it, although I could find it when we first moved here. Now I have to wait until we get back home.

We are surrounded by farms with their own ice cream stands, or dairy farms with partners who use the milk for stand-alone places. We have our favorites. Thankfully, our couple of absolutely favorite places are too far for daily visits.

I love Denali Bear Claw ice cream: dark chocolate ice cream, chocolate covered cashews, and a caramel ribbon blended throughout. *groan!* No one around here offers it, although I could find it when we first moved here. Now I have to wait until we get back home.
OMG, that sounds even better! I wonder if Kroger has it...

I LOVE ice-cream and can't choose a favorite BUT here are some top contenders:

Cherry floats. (cherry soda, vanilla scoop)
Outshine Coconut pops Dipped In Dark Chocolate
Whidbey Island Ice Cream - vanilla
Cherry Garcia anything but especially the dark chocolate covered bars
Helados Mexico Nuez-Pecan Ice Cream Bar
Vanilla Ice-cream with cold coffee in a tall glass with a spoon
Butterscotch sauce on anything
Mint chip Baskin Robbins in a waffle cone

I LOVE ice-cream and can't choose a favorite BUT here are some top contenders:

Cherry floats. (cherry soda, vanilla scoop)
Outshine Coconut pops Dipped In Dark Chocolate
Whidbey Island Ice Cream - vanilla
Cherry Garcia anything but especially the dark chocolate covered bars
Helados Mexico Nuez-Pecan Ice Cream Bar
Vanilla Ice-cream with cold coffee in a tall glass with a spoon
Butterscotch sauce on anything
Mint chip Baskin Robbins in a waffle cone

Ooooo...have you tried the Whidbey Island Ice Cream Bars? Yum! They have them at Whole Foods, if you have one nearby. Sometimes I can find them at a Safeway, I think?

When I was a kid and teen, my favourites were rainbow sherbet and rocky road. I imagine I would still like those, but I haven't seen them since I left the US in 1969.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom