What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to the theater to see the new Downton Abby film.

Came away with mixed feelings. We love most things "Downton Abby" but, thought this movie was a bit too busy/messy.

We believe this may be the last attempt as they seemed to try to bring all the individual stories to a conclusion.

We give it a 7 out of 10 rating.

Ross

We watched a 2022 film, "Toscana" on Netflix.

"When a Danish chef travels to Tuscany to sell his father's business, he meets a local woman who inspires him to rethink his approach to life and love."
Country of origin: Denmark

I kinda thought it would be a bit more about the restaurant. Didn't think that the main characters really fit.

Not a bad movie, if you just want to pass a bit of time.

Ross

Yes, have to chime in with my ratings on those last two movies mentioned.

I thought Florence Foster Jenkins was great. For belief in and support of someone.

Toscana, good but like Ross, thought food would be more in the highlight.
Guess that shows you were the minds of some DC'ers are! LOL

I usually don't watch movies any more because of a reduced attention span, but I do have to see Top Gun Maverick because my son is in it. At the time of filming he was a member of the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt flight crew.

That's pretty cool, SLoB!

I still watch movies in spite of my lack of being able to stay awake through the entire movie. Most times Himself gets to see any movie twice by the time it ends because I keep having him go back over the parts I miss. LOL!

I wanted to watch The Tender Bar last night but wasn't sure if I could stay awake through the entire movie. Himself scrolled through Roku and decided on an oldie we never saw, Notting Hill. I did take a couple of short naps during it, but I didn't miss anything or need Himself to catch me up. I thought it was slow and mostly "meh", but Himself said "I actually liked it".

That's pretty cool, SLoB!

Yeah it is cool, b ut I will have to go see it with him. He'll be wearing flight line gear, so he will have to point himself out!

0c5e41d94fe89faabd06c894264ee360.jpg

Last edited:
We watched the new Batman movie, The Batman, last night. For us, it was very disappointing. We usually love any DC or Marvel movie. I sure hope this won't be a trend with the upcoming movies!!

Spoiler alert: Good is now bad and bad is now good. Sigh.

We watched the new Dumbledore movie on HBOMax.

I feel like the well might be drying up. It was ok but these really do start to feel repetitive.

Spoiler alert: Good is now bad and bad is now good. Sigh.

It used to be that Comic Books were always about the hero winning. I stopped watching the Batman series when it became too dark. I like a bit of closure at the end of a show. Happy closure that is!

Back
Top Bottom