What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've mostly been catching up on TV shows we recorded, and watching some of the new ones, but we did watch "Gaslight" the other night. I have always loved it, and James had never seen it before. This was the Ingrid Bergman, Charles Boyer, Joseph Cotten version, but the original British one is on the DVD as well, so we plan to see that someday too.

:)Barbara

I don't know if any of y'all play charades but the easiest and one to stump everyone is Witness for the Prosecution-----how do you act that out in the allotted time???.......it's one of my favorite films and I just saw it recently........superb.......we used to play girls against the guys and I became "hated" for the "classics" the guys even made up a rude gesture if it was a "classic" which came from me........cahnt help it if they are not into film noire

We watched "Smart People" with Sarah Jessica Parker, Ellen Page, Dennis Quaid and Thomas Hayden Church. It was slow and sometimes you wanted to punch them out, but it was a great character study. I actually liked it in the end. Church and Page were awesome!

Iron Man coming on DVD Tuesday. I plan on getting that one. Could not believe that I saw the movie and what a surprise it was! This way I will get to see again and notice more of details. I just truly loved it.

"Canadian Bacon". Pretty funny satire from Michael Moore in his early days. Alan Alda was spot on as the goofy president, also brought me back the good ol' John Candy nostalgia:)

I watched "knocked up" for the 5th time! too funny! Seems like every time I watch it, I see something new and hilarious!

We went and saw two movies tonight. The first was a waste of time, and the second was great.

The first was, "Burn After Reading." It showed potential, and it could have been good if it had been done right. The language was absolutely horrible. Between the language and George Cluny's character's invention (which could not be shown on TV), if they ever decide to show it on regular TV, it would be 20 minutes long after they cut all the stuff not allowed there. The worst part about it though was that it had a total non-ending. It just ended. It ended with some guy asking what had happened, and another guy saying he didn't know. The last line was something like, I guess we learned not to do it again. Sheesh.

The other movie was much better. An edge of your seat technology/political thriller (not the best ever, but good)--"Eagle Eye." Worth seeing.

:)Barbara

Got DVD Iron Man! Even better than the first time. Got to slow it down when I didn't catch or see something. Fascinating movie. Good acting too. never read the comic book.

worst movie ever????? no kidding??????..........then it would have to be Boxing Helena........I thought that it was a fight movie...........gads I wished that it was..........it was horrible..........Helena is being literally boxed up by a stupid boyfriend........he cuts her arms and then her legs off.........I'm not kidding..........horrrible film..........at the end she just has this hunger in her eyes.....my goodness.......who came up with this horrible premise...........

Back
Top Bottom