What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw the new Top Gun movie at the theater tonight. It brought back memories from my own life aboard the aircraft carriers, Kittyhawk, and the Ranger. I witnessed in real life an F14 fly into the barrier. It had a bad starboard landig strut. I saw anothe F14 roll off of the forward, starboard elevator as it was being taken from the hangar bay to the flight deck. We had 2 collisions at sea on the Kittyhawk, one with our supply ship, and one with a Soviet sub that tried to surface beside us, but surfaced under our bow, at night. It was an adventure.

Seeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We watched The Adam Project on Netflix last night. We enjoyed the movie very much. Good story, good acting. Enjoyed seeing some of the Marvel comics movies actors in other roles.

We'll want to see the new Top Gun movie too. Thanks for the review, Chief. DH was part of Top Gun, during his time in the U.S. Navy. Not a pilot, but a Troubleshooter. He served on the America and then the Enterprise too. His Uncle served on the Kiittyhawk, many years earlier. I'm guessing you know the Kitty's nickname!?

We watched The Adam Project on Netflix last night. We enjoyed the movie very much. Good story, good acting. Enjoyed seeing some of the Marvel comics movies actors in other roles.

We'll want to see the new Top Gun movie too. Thanks for the review, Chief. DH was part of Top Gun, during his time in the U.S. Navy. Not a pilot, but a Troubleshooter. He served on the America and then the Enterprise too. His Uncle served on the Kiittyhawk, many years earlier. I'm guessing you know the Kitty's nickname!?

I do know the Kittyhawks, um, nick name. However, it was a far more diciplined, and clean ship than was the Ranger. The only problems ever experienced on Kittyhawk came from 3 white guys who thoght it thier job to harass, and bully others. We had many ethnic groups, and I got along well and made friends with all of them, including caucasion, except for those three guys. When you're with pinheads, 12 hours a day, in your confined works space, well let's just say that at the end of a 6 month deployment, fights are breaking out all over the ship on the fay before pulling into your home port. It happens every cruise, on every aircraft carrier.

Seeeeya Chief Longwind of the North

Last night we watched "Anniversary Nightmare," which was a 2019 film. Interesting. Slow beginning but things began to take off. Lots of strange events. Pretty good, all in all, but there were lots of holes in it as we dissected it. Still, there were some thrilling moments. Kinda like mental chewing gum.

I do know the Kittyhawks, um, nick name. However, it was a far more diciplined, and clean ship than was the Ranger. The only problems ever experienced on Kittyhawk came from 3 white guys who thoght it thier job to harass, and bully others. We had many ethnic groups, and I got along well and made friends with all of them, including caucasion, except for those three guys. When you're with pinheads, 12 hours a day, in your confined works space, well let's just say that at the end of a 6 month deployment, fights are breaking out all over the ship on the fay before pulling into your home port. It happens every cruise, on every aircraft carrier.

Seeeeya Chief Longwind of the North

Thank you for your service, Chief!!

6 months would be a cake walk for the crew of the Enterprise! They went out for 12 to 13 months!! The biggest complaint stories he has the Shellback stories. He says, sure, there were fights, but not a big deal. He was happy enough as they fed him well. LOL...with his long shifts, I got to knock on the door for the Captain's mess and they would feed him, anytime of the day. He says he should have stayed in the Navy! ;)

Yep, I'm a shellback as well. Talk about an i tense initiation. And in those days, no women were on U.S
Navy war vessels, and so it could get physically brutal/painful. And yes Navy food on carriers was top notch. The ship also provided tours in the ports, usually for a paltry $20. I saw amazing things in the Phillipines, Korea, Hong Kong, Hawaii, Australia, and Japan. I made some very good friends. The shifts were long, and the work was non stop while at sea. But there were some great adventurrs to experience on shore. I never could understand sailors that would waste thier shore time in bars, when such exciting adventures could be experienced in what were to us, exotic places.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We watched "Wild Oats" with Shirley MacLaine and Jessica Lange. Another oldie, this one was released in 2016. It was an enjoyable bit of fluff with a touch of heart. Our favorite scene, however, was when they had to deal with the automatic phone system while trying to reach a live customer service agent. Art imitating life indeed! Had us laughing out loud.

The Next Documentary I saw that you can even watch for free on youtube is the feelgood Make a Splash from ESPN. This documentary is about one ladies basketball team in the San Diego area that is made up of all seniors mostly over 80 years old.

The whole group was a nice bunch of ladies.

You get the backstory on some of the players and even see a funeral for one of the players. It was really nicely produced and worth the watch on youtube unless ESPN cable TV is airing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jpVj3CIv7M

We watch our share of movies on TV, some ok, some good and some really good. Of course, our tastes are ours and others may not agree. ;)

Today we watched Knives Out and thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. :)

Ross

I couldn't figure out the relationship, if any, playing the Rolling stones Sweet Virginia in the end credits in Knives Out. Terrific song though.

We watched the Big Lebowski Terrific movie. SO has seen it and actually dug out the dvd. I had not. I wonder what rock I was hiding under in 1998. Coen Brothers and a great cast with Jeff Brdges, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Julianne Moore et al.

Last edited:
I have to Rent or Buy to watch Knives Out.

I did find a sequel - Knives Out 2, but not available yet.

I've never rented from Prime - have no idea how to go about it. Would I still be able to cast it to the TV?

Oh my! What an interesting article Andy. I actually UNDERSTOOD it.. well, most of it anyhow. Thanks, I appreciate the info!

I thought all those other names were pretty much like Netflix. Pay per month with various choices available. I personaly have Prime, then Netflix thru DIL, and Disney thru son. Have always found that was enough choice.

LOL, so now I have another choice!

Oh boy, decisions, decisions, decisions...

Back
Top Bottom