What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I netflixed There Will Be Blood and watched it TWICE. Incredible cinematography (I'm a sucker for eye candy!) and Danial Day Lewis is riveting in this powerful story... I was surprised I liked it this much, as I (obviously) wasn't drawn to see it when it was playing in the theaters...

I don't know about where they ship to but I know they start at 4.00 dollars and something a month and have different plans going up....I pay 9.00 a month and get one movie from my list at a time and get a new one as soon as I mail that in (usually have a new one in my mail two days later!) so how many a month you get depends on you. the more you pay the more movies at once you get, but the one at a time works good for me!

No country for old man. I'm sorry but I do not get it, what is all hoopla about. I did not like it at all. Terrible waist of time. :mad:

I think I'm around 18/month for three at a time. And.... I can also watch movies that I download, which is probably one of the many reasons new TVs come with PC hookups. So you can definitely take advantage of that expat, even if they won't ships to you. They probably have a plan just for downloads.

thanks, Pacanis.............we can download movies from the internet but only can show them on our ipods,,,,,,which is fantastic.........the Lufthansa flight that we take from here to Frankfurt is 5 long hours and unless you're seated in business class (yeah right like I'm going to spend $7,000 for a few drinks and a dinner with a cloth napkin) you're by yourself to amuse yourself....no movies or anything to watch....I love this new ipod which I bought at Christmas.....not only can you listen to music but you can watch movies.......fantastic......even my husband bought one as he travels so much........it really does make the time go by...........

Finally saw Hancock. to say the least Mr. Will Smith never disappoints:cool: Pity though it could have been done a whole lot better, with better quality CGI too, they should have taken a bit more time kneading this awesome concept at the beginning.

My daughter and I saw the new release "An American Carol". We enjoyed it and I found myself laughing out loud throughout the movie. It's not for kids, though. Some coarse language. Kelsey Grammar played Gen. Patton and did a great job.

american gangster.

pretty good movie, but russel crowe's nyc accent bugged the poop out of me. he couldn't pull it of to save his life. there's something a little aggressive, and a little dumb or maybe lazy sounding in a real nyc accent. his was too proper, too nice.

My daughter and I saw the new release "An American Carol". We enjoyed it and I found myself laughing out loud throughout the movie. It's not for kids, though. Some coarse language. Kelsey Grammar played Gen. Patton and did a great job.

DH hates going to the theater for movies but this one that he has expressed interest in. He's a bit afraid it will not be as good as it sounds so now I can tell him it's funny from someone who's actually seen it! Thanks!

We saw "21" last night. We really enjoyed it.

Right now we are almost through "Driving Miss Daisy." Can you believe that James had never seen it?! I haven't seen it in many years. I love it (so does James).

:)Barbara

Last night after "Driving Miss Daisy" we watched "Tommy Boy." I had never had any interest in seeing it, but James wanted me to. I'm glad I did--I really enjoyed it.

Tonight we watched a movie I recorded earlier tonight on Hallmark Channel--"The Valley of Light." Wow! What a great movie! We both really loved it.

:)Barbara

I watched the Rape of Europa over the w/end. It is a documentary about the looting of Jewish art during WWII. It also followed investigators as they tracked down the artworks and returned them to their rightful owners after the war. I thought this film was fascinating.

Last night I watched "The Golden Compass", what a great little movie! The kids checked it out the other night and hadn't watched it yet, they were at their dads yesterday when I got off work so I took advantage of the quiet and watched the movie. They will watch it today and will enjoy it. :)

We watched "Don't Mess With The Zohan". I laughed hysterically and so did a couple of others in the family, but about half didn't think it was funny at all. So now I'm wondering if it's just me?

Back
Top Bottom