What's the lunch wagon bringin' II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SierraCook said:
Bangbang said:
SierraCook said:
I went to lunch at one of the local restaurants, Gumba's, with my mom and brother. I had a hamburger with BBQ sauce, onion rings, mushrooms, and Monterey jack cheese on sourdough bread roll with waffle fries on the side.

Burger and waffles :shock:

Bang, they are waffle fries, some folks may also know them by the name of crisscut fries. Anyways, they were yummy. :)

Ok.....I got it. I have them with deep fried haddock or cod. Yummy :!:

Since there's no heat in my office, I'm treating myself out to lunch somewhere warm! I'll probably go to my favorite pizza joint and get their yummy chef salad with house dressing.

No heat?? Boo-hiss!!!

I'll prbly have mini-peppers, dill pickles and maybe a piece of cheese.

i had dried-out, over-salted lemon-thyme chicken and milk. i didn't see any thyme. hmmmmm....

PA Baker said:
We keep our home cool, but when it's in the negatives outside, I need heat! How cold does it get in Eugene?

The average low is around 30 but this year it did drop to high teens at night, and I did then close the window but heat still not on. Last night the low was 36. Guess I am conditioned. I love cold weather and hate the heat.

I met my mom for lunch and had a pulled pork quesadilla and side salad. It was really good!

Can someone explain the difference between pork bbq and pulled pork?

:shock: When I first ready your post, I thought you had sour cream on your hot dog! It sounded much more appetizing the second time I read it! :LOL:

PA Baker said:
I met my mom for lunch and had a pulled pork quesadilla and side salad. It was really good!

Usually what kind of cooking procedure. Some people slice pork and slow cook it in bbq sauce.

Pulled pork is a slow roasting method, then when tender, it basically "pulls away" from the bone/roast. Usually the Pork Shoulder is used. Almost shredded consistency to it. Very good for sandwiches.

PA Baker said:

I have to disagree with Erik. "Pulled" pork is pulled off the bone by hand in strings and shreds. "Chopped" pork can be pulled off, but is cut up with a knife in chunks.

But it's all barbecued, i.e., cooked "low and slow" over indirect heat. You put bbq sauce on either type either near the very end of the cooking cycle or after you've removed it from the cooker.

Rainee, back me up here.

Back
Top Bottom