What's the lunch wagon bringin' II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I broke down and bought some quick foods for lunches (winter just zaps me of motivation), so we had spaghettio's and salad on paper plates- oh, the guilt!! I am making a large dinner though, so, no worries!

i ate at the cafeteria. grilled mahi mahi, with sauteed red bell peppers/julienned zucchini/i think yellow squash/asparagus spears. (it was supposed to be asparagus w/ hollandaise. these veggies were tasty, though.) a glass of pop to drink.

Leftover Olive Garden to go.

The Famous salad (was "clean" meaning dressing, etc. was added at time of consuption, not the day before), Mrs. Big Dog's Fetuccini (is it 1 t or 2? C too?) Alfredo and my Mannicoti (again, 1 or 2 Ts?) Formaggio.

Sadly, I am part Italian, but can't speak or spell worth a . . . . . . nevermind.

i don't know about all of yous guys, but i am pleased to see luvs eating a whole meal, not just bits of this and that. keep it up kiddo. i think this culinary school thing is a functional raison d' etre, in a way. you've always had the brains, and the good taste to know what works, so food might be your forte.

today i had leftover seaweed eggdrop soup, and leftover broiled curried mago chicken thighs with "garden of eatin" blue corn chips. if you like corn chips, do yourself a favor and look for these. they are delicious; not too salty and definitely do not taste like they soaked up a pint of 10w30. just corny goodness (like me :>).

Last edited:
thanks, buckyt.:)
i had sole with artichoke relish & a side of linguine primavera from the caf. then i had a donut & an orange juice.:-p

I'm going to cook some shrimp and top it with iron chef's vine ripened tomatoe relish, a fresh avocado on the side with balsamic vingar and oil, and squash.

I have to make some oatmeal cookies for a neighborhood meeting tonight.
I think I'll have cookie dough for lunch.

leftover pizza then needed a snack after gardening for a couple of hours:wacko: so i had a couple of Sara Lee's raisin bread slices with a teaspoon of peanut butter and a raspberry yogurt. :ohmy:Oh my! Too much I know! I was really hungry.

I was shopping at Whole Foods today, so I stopped by the pizza oven and got a couple slices...roasted veggies on whole wheat and roasted tomatoes with pesto and cheese. their artisinal pizzas are a real treat when on the road. I also noticed how many people did lunch there...no other shopping, just got fresh hot lunches and ate at the tables there. so it's not just me, lol

Planning my lunches for the next couple days... It's gonna be alfredo pasta with brocoli and parmesan... A salad with hard-boiled eggs... And then I was thinking of making us chicken pesto wraps, since I have a lot of chicken lunch meat... what would go well with that? Maybe a kind of soup?

Leftover prime rib and ceviche. I'll probably throw together some cajun squash & zucchini as a side.

We had hot dogs for lunch.
Tonight, I have leftover Oriental Chicken/Rice for Kim to eat before he goes to work on this wierd shift...8:00 PM til 6:00 AM.
He starts regular 2nds next week, which sounds good compared to this. He and his boss have been covering for another guy whose son, an excellent athelete, went to Illinois State Basketball Championships in Peoria this weekend. Their team came in 4th, which durn good for a small town team. Illinois is a big basketball state.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom