What's the most bogus thing in your cupboard, freezer, or refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We used to have a bunch of packets of soy and duck sauce in the fridge from chinese takeout. I don't know why we saved them. Then I went to the in laws house and saw the sandwich bag stuffed with fast food ketchup, mustard, soy, and duck sauce packets and the light bulb went on!

ha ha ha, vagriller. I have one of those tall clear containers you're suppposed to fill with spaghetti noodles full of those little packets. The mustard ones are beginning to look brown.

I say let's send 'em to buckytom.

mudbug said:
ha ha ha, vagriller. I have one of those tall clear containers you're suppposed to fill with spaghetti noodles full of those little packets. The mustard ones are beginning to look brown.

I say let's send 'em to buckytom.

I threw mine out when I moved. We got a new fridge and are determined not to pack it with stuff like that! You should sell the lot on ebay! Make up some funny or outrageous story.

You two mudbug? I have 2 open jars of P/B, but there are 6 jars of open jam in the refrigerator:LOL: EAch kid wants a different one soooo. Yep mac and cheese, canned tuna, bologna, canned corn and green beans, things that the kids like and I know will eat. I don't consider them bogus nor am I ashamed to have them in my home. For me it's fixing my grandkids something quick when I have all four of them, with out running all over town to get fast food. Sunday they all are here for sunday dinners and then they get the steak, pasta,rissotto, asparagus,the fancy goodies. I'm finally getting my Mr. Picky to try different things..That's whats important to me. Not who makes what,sure it's wonderful to make them homemade mac and cheese, but how do you tell a 17 month old sorry you have to wait the pasta isn't done yet!!! You don't you scramble and get that food fixed and into that sweet little mouth as quick as you can.

kadesma:)

Last edited:
Oh sure, it's easy to do the old heave-ho when you're moving....sheesh! who wants to pack that stuff?

Wait until you've been in your new place for six months or six years and then tell me what's still lying around............

mudbug said:
Oh sure, it's easy to do the old heave-ho when you're moving....sheesh! who wants to pack that stuff?

Wait until you've been in your new place for six months or six years and then tell me what's still lying around............

Ask me at Christmas! Seriously!

kadesma, I say whatever works in your home is what should be in the cupboard!

I understand Vera's original idea, which I believe is that odd can, packet, or jar of whatever that we thought we were going to use right up but never did is still there - like boring Uncle Ernie who keeps you up on Christmas Eve telling stories about that great sale he made back in 1964 when all you want to go is go to bed........

vagriller said:
Ask me at Christmas! Seriously!

will do, neighbor. And ask me if I still have those cans of cranberry sauce. (I'm thinking of becoming a crafter to create something with the takeout packets of sauce to buckytom as a Christmas gift)

I'll have at least 2 new opened jars of pb by then............

mudbug said:
will do, neighbor. And ask me if I still have those cans of cranberry sauce. (I'm thinking of becoming a crafter to create something with the takeout packets of sauce to buckytom as a Christmas gift)

Make a mosaic of the DC logo!

actually, it just needs to have beer in it somewhere. If I could figure out how to get beer in those little cellophane wrappers................

Since "bogus" , according to my Webster's Dictionary, is an adjective meaning "false, not genuine", not one single thing I have in my pantry fits that description.

The Surimi (pollock imitation crabmeat) doesn't claim to be real crabmeat, & the many cans of "Mock Duck" & other forms of seitan/wheat gluten I have also don't claim to be what they imitate.

In fact, frankly, in this day & age, food producers aren't allowed to sell anything "bogus". Just semantics, maybe - but perhaps you meant something else? :chef:

BreezyCooking said:
Since "bogus" , according to my Webster's Dictionary, is an adjective meaning "false, not genuine...

In the vernacular, this word also is used to refer to poor quality or undesirable items.

mudbug said:
LOL, whenever I hear or see the word "bogus" I always think of Sean Penn and "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."
:)

I have an unopened 13 ounce can of dehydrated cheddar cheese. Is that bogus or what?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom